Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for BT card w/ 7 inquiries

tag
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Looking for BT card w/ 7 inquiries

So I just applied and got approved for the DISCO IT because they had an attractive BT offer but they only gave me a 1k SL. I'm carrying a balance right now that will run out of the 0% window within 2 months. BC of my job/cashflow, it might be a few more months until I have enough to pay off the balance. Would be nice, not having to pay interest. 

3 Bureau Scores (710/717/715), Utl 32% (9k/24k), reported income 60k. No negatives. 7 HP all on Experian.

I'm just starting to use credit again so all of the cards in my profile are correct and very new. I realize that getting a lot of credit fast will scare vendors but just asking for suggestions. I dont qualify for any CUs.

I see Citi also has a nice and long 18 months zero interest offer but are there any others worth looking at and what are my chances of getting even 5k SL to cover some of the balance transfer?

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Re: Looking for BT card w/ 7 inquiries

Have you tried any of the pre qualify sites? Capitalone, Citi, Amex, regions, BB&T (geo restricted to south east), do you qualify for navy federal? What does your Equifax and TransUnion look like anything bad on them?

I would suggest trying those out and look at your interest rates, one would think the better rate they are willing to give the better they like your profile l.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 2 of 15
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

If you prequal for Capital One Venture (not Venture One) you should get approved for at least $5k on QuickSilver.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You could call Discover and request a higher CL. 

What is the UT on individual cards? This will play a very important factor on approval and SLs. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

While your UT is a tad high, i don't know why Disco only gave you $1K. If they won't increase ATM, I would look at Amex Everday for BT offer.

If the SL isn't high enough, you usually can reallocate some from existing card. Though I think the donar card needs to haev been open for 12 months.

You could try Citi, but may wind up with another low SL. They're not exactly generous with SL's most of the time. The way i see it you're gonna have to app at least two cards if you're getting low SL's. Maybe go for a Signature Visa as they start at $5K?

Message 5 of 15
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

evenly across the board on my 3 cards so none of them are close to being maxed out.

@CreditInspired wrote:

What is the UT on individual cards? This will play a very important factor on approval and SLs. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 6 of 15
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I'll ask Amex about transfering limit before applying for ED. When I was approved for my Aspire, I called in and they allowed me to transfer some limit to my Surpass even though it was just approved. I'm not sure if that was a one time thing or not.

@Anonymous wrote:

While your UT is a tad high, i don't know why Disco only gave you $1K. If they won't increase ATM, I would look at Amex Everday for BT offer.

If the SL isn't high enough, you usually can reallocate some from existing card. Though I think the donar card needs to haev been open for 12 months.

You could try Citi, but may wind up with another low SL. They're not exactly generous with SL's most of the time. The way i see it you're gonna have to app at least two cards if you're getting low SL's. Maybe go for a Signature Visa as they start at $5K?

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 7 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kudosalert wrote:

evenly across the board on my 3 cards so none of them are close to being maxed out.

@CreditInspired wrote:

What's the percentage of each card? "Evenly across" doesn't really explain much. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 15
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

About 30% of each card.
@CreditInspired wrote:

@kudosalert wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

What's the percentage of each card? Evenly doesnt really explain much. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 9 of 15
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

While it is very much a YMMV Citi is not known for giving high SL especially if it's your 1st card with them.  If approved I would guess you'd probably be slotted somewhere in the $2-4K range. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.