cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an advice for Chase/Amex card..Please guide..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for an advice for Chase/Amex card..Please guide..

Looking or an advice for Chase/Amex card..Please guide....

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I would like o get in the AMEX club, But I dont want to waste a hard pull on my experian unless It's 100%( which is unreal lol)

Because on 03/13/2019 I applied for Platinum and magnet both on same day and they both got rejected due to too many recent accounts. However a lot have changed since then.

I wouls also like some advice on chase I currently have a chase freedom started @ 800 in 2017 but with auto luv sitting t $1600.

Same time as AMEX I applied for CSR  (@ the branch it showed up as pre-approved) but got rejected due to too many accounts opened recently.( also an old debt showed up with chase in their system 18 yrs old smh) .

With chase I'm not sure if 5/24 rule is for the apps or actual accouns opened recently.

I do bank with chase personal/business both accounts and carry average 10k balance.

here are the facts....

Debt Ratio 3%

Experian webite shows: Exp 750 with 7 toal inquires 1 should fall off in eb 2020

Most recent inquiry: 1/01/2020 from redston FCU membership ( which I wasn't aware of they do hard pull)

Credit Karma Shows: TU 757 with 7 total inquiries  1 should fall off next week, and 1 should fall off in march

Most recent inquiry: 08/01/2019 apple card(Approved 6.5K)

Credit Karma Shows: EQ 769 with 7 total inquiries  1 should fall off next week, and 1 should fall off in march

Most recent inquiry: 03/01/2019 Wells Fargo (approved 2K)

Thank you all in advance....

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Looking for an advice for Chase/Amex card..Please guide..

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking or an advice for Chase/Amex card..Please guide....

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I would like o get in the AMEX club, But I dont want to waste a hard pull on my experian unless It's 100%( which is unreal lol)

Because on 03/13/2019 I applied for Platinum and magnet both on same day and they both got rejected due to too many recent accounts. However a lot have changed since then.

I wouls also like some advice on chase I currently have a chase freedom started @ 800 in 2017 but with auto luv sitting t $1600.

Same time as AMEX I applied for CSR  (@ the branch it showed up as pre-approved) but got rejected due to too many accounts opened recently.( also an old debt showed up with chase in their system 18 yrs old smh) .

With chase I'm not sure if 5/24 rule is for the apps or actual accouns opened recently.

I do bank with chase personal/business both accounts and carry average 10k balance.

here are the facts....

Debt Ratio 3%

Experian webite shows: Exp 750 with 7 toal inquires 1 should fall off in eb 2020

Most recent inquiry: 1/01/2020 from redston FCU membership ( which I wasn't aware of they do hard pull)

Credit Karma Shows: TU 757 with 7 total inquiries  1 should fall off next week, and 1 should fall off in march

Most recent inquiry: 08/01/2019 apple card(Approved 6.5K)

Credit Karma Shows: EQ 769 with 7 total inquiries  1 should fall off next week, and 1 should fall off in march

Most recent inquiry: 03/01/2019 Wells Fargo (approved 2K)

Thank you all in advance....

Chase 5/24 refers to open accounts, not applications. 

CK skores have mininal value because they don't track FICO well and basically nobody uses them to make credit decisions.   

What cards do you currently hold, when did you get them, and what is their current CL? 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 25
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I agree with what cards and when you opened but if one is due to fall off in FEB if the rest adds up I would wait til March 2020 but you would need to check your FICO Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

current accounts,

Chase Freedom                1.6k 29Months

Banana republic               10k  25Months

TD                                      4.5k  23months

Disco                                  4k    19Months

Citizen Bank                     13k  17Months

Citizen PLO                        5K  17Months

Cap1 (former walmart)   10k 17Months

Alliant                                 2.5k 16Months

BOA                                    14k   16 Months

Wells Fargo                        2k     10Months

Apple card                         6.5k   5Months

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried the amex prequalify page to see if anything pops up?

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have tried PreQualify for amex but nothing.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm...maybe it's the amount of inquiries that's causing it.

my scores aren't too great at all and amex still shows the everyday, blue cash everyday and delta gold for my prequalifications.

had only 2-3 inquiries and accounts open within the 3 bureaus 

it was before i had any personal amex cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hmm...maybe it's the amount of inquiries that's causing it.

my scores aren't too great at all and amex still shows the everyday, blue cash everyday and delta gold for my prequalifications.

had only 2-3 inquiries and accounts open within the 3 bureaus 

it was before i had any personal amex cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

I mean across the boards yes a lot of inquiries, but indvidual bureau 5-7 and they are apart too I'm not sure the impact is same or not.

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those 5 cards you added at 16/17 months ago is what's killing you with Chase/AMEX. You are way over 5/24. As stated its new accounts not inquiries. You will be under 5/24 in August 2020 if my math is right. The problem you are going run into is AMEX denied you for too many new accounts and it looks like you added two new accounts since then. You will have to wait until August, add Chase and wait a while to add AMEX, because Chase will soft pull you a few months after approval to make sure you have not added new accounts. So you want to wait probably 3 months after that to add AMEX

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Those 5 cards you added at 16/17 months ago is what's killing you with Chase/AMEX. You are way over 5/24. As stated its new accounts not inquiries. You will be under 5/24 in August 2020 if my math is right. The problem you are going run into is AMEX denied you for too many new accounts and it looks like you added two new accounts since then. You will have to wait until August, add Chase and wait a while to add AMEX, because Chase will soft pull you a few months after approval to make sure you have not added new accounts. So you want to wait probably 3 months after that to add AMEX

But chase also denied me at the same time AMEX did, You suggesting I should app for chase now? Or just wait until August anf apply chase and then wait 3 months for AMEX?( just want to confirm)

Thank you

*Also does aiming for AMEX business I'll run into the same dilema?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.