cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an advice for Chase/Amex card..Please guide..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for an advice for Chase/Amex card..Please guide..

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

I definitely wouldn't try for Chase anytime soon if you want you can check the Amex prequal maybe the next month then one after and see if something pops up and shoot then to raise your chances but I noticed Amex does like FICO over 700 but that could be depending on the card too?!

I'll sit back for now and keep an eye for the AMEX prequalify just to be on the safe side before pulling the trigger.

And if I do that I'll wait until august for chase.

Thank you all.

Message 21 of 25
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

You need to have less than 5 new accounts opened in the last 24 months from Chase unless you have a pre-approval offer that bypasses that. There is a distinction from a pre-qualify offer.

It is up to you whether you want to wait for Chase or skip them in favor of AMEX. If you want to apply for Chase, you need to wait until 24 months from your last new account. I would wait 25 months just to be safe. If you apply for an AMEX card now, you will further push back your Chase eligibility. If you could provide the exact month\years of all your cards in the last 24 months, it would be helpful.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

You need to have less than 5 new accounts opened in the last 24 months from Chase unless you have a pre-approval offer that bypasses that. There is a distinction from a pre-qualify offer.

It is up to you whether you want to wait for Chase or skip them in favor of AMEX. If you want to apply for Chase, you need to wait until 24 months from your last new account. I would wait 25 months just to be safe. If you apply for an AMEX card now, you will further push back your Chase eligibility. If you could provide the exact month\years of all your cards in the last 24 months, it would be helpful.

I mean if I can get in with AMEX Chase I can wait because AMEX has great options to grow with charge cards and their working capital/merchant financing/loan all that, just saying....

*** does 5/24 chase applies to business cc as well?

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends. The vast majority of business cards do not appear on your personal credit report. So it is possible to get a business card and not have it impact your 5/24 status. Excpetions are Discover, Capital One, TD Bank. Business cards from those banks appear on your personal report and affects your 5/24 status.

Edit* I just realized you might be asking if Chase has a 5/24 rule for their business cards. The answer is yes. Chase looks for 5/24 on your personal reports when you apply for a Chase business card.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I was asking about chase business cc. and thanks for answering to that.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.