cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to App for CSP or CSR - UPDATE: Approved for CSP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking to App for CSP or CSR - UPDATE: Approved for CSP!

I am planning to apply for a new card in the near future.  I have not applied for a new CC since 2015.  Seems like Chase has some of the best travel rewards cards out right now.  The benefits of the CSR seem way better, but the $450 fee is a bit intimidating.  Current CSP offer is 60k, but no af waived and CSR is 50k, no af waived.

For anyone who has a CSR:

1. When does the annual fee get charged? First statement I assume?

2. What month does the $300 travel credit get applied? (assuming I receive the entire amount)

3. When does the TSA-pre credit get applied?

4. Most importantly, can I downgrade from the CSR to CSP?  If so, can I do this just before the end of the 12 month account opening mark and then only pay the $95 fee for the second year or will any of the CSR fee be prorated or my travel credit be affected?

5. Anyone recommend anything other than CSP/CSR for a travel rewards card? (not interested in AMEX right now)

14 REPLIES 14
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking to App for CSP or CSR

I am on the same boat. I will say one thing and then let the world respond.

I did a prequalify through an affiliate and was offered 70K URs for 4K spend. Although I was leaning towards CSR (and still might be), 70K URs and no AF for the first year sounds really juicy to me. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to list the site here so I'll just say I Google the Prequalify link and it was the top non-Chase site.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the pre-qual link you Googled?  The only one I could find is https://www.chase.com/prequalified and did not see any special offers through an affiliate.  If the offer is this good and no first year AF, I would lean more towards CSP.

Message 3 of 15
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

I Googled "Chase prequalify credit card" and it's the first result. Not from Chase's website at all.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found it!  70k CSP with 4k spend in first 3 months, but af not waived for first year.  Still better than the standard offer.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am planning to apply for a new card in the near future.  I have not applied for a new CC since 2015.  Seems like Chase has some of the best travel rewards cards out right now.  The benefits of the CSR seem way better, but the $450 fee is a bit intimidating.  Current CSP offer is 60k, but no af waived and CSR is 50k, no af waived.

For anyone who has a CSR:

1. When does the annual fee get charged? First statement I assume?

2. What month does the $300 travel credit get applied? (assuming I receive the entire amount)

3. When does the TSA-pre credit get applied?

4. Most importantly, can I downgrade from the CSR to CSP?  If so, can I do this just before the end of the 12 month account opening mark and then only pay the $95 fee for the second year or will any of the CSR fee be prorated or my travel credit be affected?

5. Anyone recommend anything other than CSP/CSR for a travel rewards card? (not interested in AMEX right now)

The CSR is basically a $150 card since Chase defines "travel" very broadly; I don't see why a $150 or even $450 annual fee is "intimidating" if you actually use the card as intended, and when you stated in another thread that your income is $170K.

The annual fee is charged on the first statement.

The $300 travel credit is immediately reimbursed as you charge the first $300 in travel expenses to the card.  So if you charge a $150 car rental to the card, it is credited back to your account within 3 days.  That continues until you hit $300 in travel expenses.

The TSA Pre credit is reimbursed after you charge the TSA Precheck fee to the card

All these purchases are considered "travel" for the CSR:

• Airlines
  • Hotels
  • Motels
  • Timeshares
  • Campgrounds
  • Car rental agencies
  • Cruise lines
  • Travel agencies
  • Discount travel sites
  • Passenger trains
  • Buses
  • Taxis
  • Limousines
  • Ferries
  • Toll bridges and highways
  • Parking lots and garages
Message 6 of 15
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

• Hmm...looks like there's no longer a CSP offer that waives the AF. Let me know if you find one.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd and approved!  70k bonus after 4k spend for CSP.

SL is a bit low tho.  I attempted recon after the app was approved, but I was told I had to submit a CLI, if denied, then I could recon the CLI.  I figured if Chase was going to approve a higher limit, they would have done so when I submitted the application.  I plan to use the card wait a few months and then request a CLI.  Can anyone share any experiences with requesting a CLI with Chase after a few months of opening the card?  I read a few different things here about how to maximize your Chase CL (number of swipes, number of statement periods, utilization, etc).  I don't like to waste HPs on CLIs so I want to make this one count.  Thanks!

Message 8 of 15
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

App'd and approved!  70k bonus after 4k spend for CSP.

SL is a bit low tho.  I attempted recon after the app was approved, but I was told I had to submit a CLI, if denied, then I could recon the CLI.  I figured if Chase was going to approve a higher limit, they would have done so when I submitted the application.  I plan to use the card wait a few months and then request a CLI.  Can anyone share any experiences with requesting a CLI with Chase after a few months of opening the card?  I read a few different things here about how to maximize your Chase CL (number of swipes, number of statement periods, utilization, etc).  I don't like to waste HPs on CLIs so I want to make this one count.  Thanks!

What was your SL and any DPs would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and congrats on the approval!

Cheers!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.