Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to apply with Discover or Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to apply with Discover or Amex

When I applied for my Disco last year, I had $9250 in credit between three cards, 647 TU, 670 EQ (they pulled EQ), 670 EX with student loan lates and a charge off back in 2012 which all was paid in 2014 and a BK in 2010 and they dropped a $7500 SL on me, leapfrogging my QuickSilver which was $6250 at the time. My Discover is now my second highest limit at $11,200. 

Amex dropped a $1K BCE on me right before the Disco approval. 

Message 11 of 13
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy Smokes, that's alot! If you dont mind me asking, did you have any marks on your record? 

I did/do.  I had one collection that was show 0, but still reporting, and four charge offs (all 6-6.5 years old).  My total utilization at the time I applied was 26%.  

Until that app spree when I got the Discovery and NFCU (Sunday) and the AMEX (Monday), all I had was a USAA secured VISA, and bucketed Cap One QS1 and two subprime cards (Credit One and  First Premier).  I am so happy to be able to add prime cards.  It's been a long time coming!

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 12 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is now locked since you were approved.  I seperated your post where you said you were approved and moved it to the approval section of the forum where the discussion can continue.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.