cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like the Diners hysteria has fizzled out.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looks like the Diners hysteria has fizzled out.....

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So, It's a CSP with a worse rewards program, limited lounge access, and chip + pin.

With a BMF of a limit!

stop rubbin' CSP in my face! you know Chase won't approve me for one! *kicks a rock* Smiley Sad

You're getting an AU one apparently Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh and i forgot to mention that diners club is also partner with icelandic air. they have this program that let's you stop over at iceland up to 7 days with no extra charge, if you're flying to/from europe.

Message 22 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You're getting an AU one apparently Smiley Tongue

it's only for show, I can't even make any purchase with it.... but then again, that means my card will stay scratch free and pretty Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

oh and i forgot to mention that diners club is also partner with icelandic air. they have this program that let's you stop over at iceland up to 7 days with no extra charge, if you're flying to/from europe.

Why would I want to stop there? There's a volcano erupting.

Message 24 of 58
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

don't quote me on this but i think an lot of airlines let you stop over for long periods at their home base. For example my plan for big trip to bkk was korea air from JFK-ICN stay over two night use UR points to stay at park hyatt Seoul, then continue from ICN-BKK. I think they allow 30 days stop over, i need to do more research to verify thats possible.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 25 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would I want to stop there? There's a volcano erupting.

it's one of those places that you must visit to see in person, so pretty especially during summer time. and this is coming from anti-outdoor person. when the volcano thing dies down, definitely pay a visit, and who knows you might even see aurora borealis in the winter.

Message 26 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

don't quote me on this but i think an lot of airlines let you stop over for long periods at their home base. For example my plan for big trip to bkk was korea air from JFK-ICN stay over two night use UR points to stay at park hyatt Seoul, then continue from ICN-BKK. I think they allow 30 days stop over, i need to do more research to verify thats possible.

well... my relatives live in korea, so I won't need any hotel, and probably end up being the final destination Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 58
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Still waiting for the UNFCU to take off:

https://www.unfcu.org/product.aspx?id=386

Limits up to $100K, full chip&pin, and only $49 fee.  Now don't know if they are generous with limits....

Message 28 of 58
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Limits up to $100K, full chip&pin, and only $49 fee.  Now don't know if they are generous with limits....

i actually have some friends who work at UN in manhatten and are members of that CU , but i don't think they use that card he uses CSP and amex plat lol 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 29 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Pretty looking card. Especially if it's a bronzy gold effect Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.