Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost prequalied application - mailer

tag
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Lost prequalied application - mailer

Hey guys, I usually throw out mailers from banks and when I was evaluating my cards I realize that I wanted to get the BBVA clear points card, but idk when they will send another one, it's been a while but I received one recently. Should I call them to see if they would send it to me again or should I cold app? Thanks!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lost prequalied application - mailer

Pre-qualified mailers cannot be regenerated or resent. You can wait to see whether another offer would be sent, if at all (provided the pre-screened criteria exists), or just apply directly.
Message 2 of 12
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Thanks bro, yeah they just need to manually check it the application. I just app a few minutes ago.
Message 3 of 12
zerofire
Valued Contributor

That is the one issue with prequalified offers. If you lose the paper and did not memorize the code the whole offer is lost. It is not until the next batch that they might send you a new one which might not even be the same. The good thing though is that if you remember what issuer it is from you can cold app and they will generally guarantee an approval at a minimum.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 4 of 12
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

Yes, give the telephone banking line a call

1-844-228-2272
opt# 2

Let the agent know you misplaced the mailer. They may be able to locate your number by your contact information. If not, the agent I spoke with a week or so ago said he had extra clearpoints reservation codes available to use for phone apps. Unfortunately, I was looking to apply for the rewards card. 

Good luck!

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

And to think I used to shred those offers from just about every issuer with such disdain. That was before I knew what they actually were. Smiley Sad Shredding $$$... live and learn... Now I cant wait to see them again Smiley LOL If nothing more than to feel like there's a secret treasure to be had and only I and the hundreds of thousands of mailing targets know about it Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 12
DH1988
New Contributor

Omg something similar happened to me today. I received a mailer a way back from my credit union with a “11%, $5k limit” preapproval. Threw it away (bc my goal was to garden all 2019 🙄) then decided that’s just too good of an offer. Today wasted time at the branch only to be told to wait for the next mailer and they don’t know if I or when another one would go out. 🤦‍♀️ 😩😭
Cap One QS (5/2008) $7k | Nordstrom VS (7/2017) $15k | Amex BCP (9/2018) $9.8k | Chase Freedom Flex (12/2018) $8.7k | NFCU Amex (9/2019) $31k | NFCU Flagship (12/2019) $15.2k | Discover it (10/20) $7k | Chase Sapphire Preferred (7/2021) $8k |

EXP/TU - 727
Message 7 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Either way you go, you will most likely still get a HP.  Id bite the bullit and cold app

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ocheosa wrote:

1-844-228-2272
opt# 2

Let the agent know you misplaced the mailer. They may be able to locate your number by your contact information. If not, the agent I spoke with a week or so ago said he had extra clearpoints reservation codes available to use for phone apps. Unfortunately, I was looking to apply for the rewards card. 

Good luck!

Most financial institutions have tracking about who was sent a prequal offer and what that offer is. Reaching out to the company would be the best bet. 

Message 9 of 12
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

1-844-228-2272
opt# 2

Good luck!

Wanted to follow up on this just in case someone else experiences the same.

I spoke with telephone banking yesterday and the CSR confirmed my original reservation code was in the system.  So if you chucked your mailer but would still like to apply, just give them a call at the number noted above. Happy Apping! Smiley LOL

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.