Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes card CLI - underwriting frustration

tag
kevinlee28
New Contributor

Lowes card CLI - underwriting frustration

I have a Lowes card had it for about 2 weeks - given an initial credit limit of $300 :-(

following some tips in the community i purchased about $200 worth of items and PIF a few days ago since the statement was cut.

called number this morning to get a CLI (after many straight denials since i had the card) this morning with the first rep i spoke with she said it was pending and i would need to transfer to underwriting. I got excited inside thinking i now may have a chance! i was trying to get $5000 to get the appliances need for my new house (settled 8/20 and still not reporting yet) 

i was shooting for the CLI before it reports along with my other cards (at home, tjmaxxmastercard, target, discover secured) 

anyway when it came to the text message verification i was told that my cell number could not be verified to send the text message. but what has me on fire is the fact the the rep before the underwriting rep sent me the text code with no problems! and when i asked the rep to explain to me what can not be verified she would not give me any information! telling me they don't have to tell me why this is happening for CLI. then she said she couldn't mail me the code because she also couldn't verify my address! but its the same address and phone number on the account! the same address where the cards are being mailed to! not to mention 3 accounts with Sync and they all have the same address  and phone number - WTH - has anybody experienced this? does this mean that i can never go for a CLI due to this? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes card CLI - underwriting frustration

HUCA - Hang Up and Call Again

but do it directly instead of the # you called before.

877-379-8175

Message 2 of 4
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@kevinlee28 wrote:

I have a Lowes card had it for about 2 weeks - given an initial credit limit of $300 :-(

following some tips in the community i purchased about $200 worth of items and PIF a few days ago since the statement was cut.

called number this morning to get a CLI (after many straight denials since i had the card) this morning with the first rep i spoke with she said it was pending and i would need to transfer to underwriting. I got excited inside thinking i now may have a chance! i was trying to get $5000 to get the appliances need for my new house (settled 8/20 and still not reporting yet) 

i was shooting for the CLI before it reports along with my other cards (at home, tjmaxxmastercard, target, discover secured) 

anyway when it came to the text message verification i was told that my cell number could not be verified to send the text message. but what has me on fire is the fact the the rep before the underwriting rep sent me the text code with no problems! and when i asked the rep to explain to me what can not be verified she would not give me any information! telling me they don't have to tell me why this is happening for CLI. then she said she couldn't mail me the code because she also couldn't verify my address! but its the same address and phone number on the account! the same address where the cards are being mailed to! not to mention 3 accounts with Sync and they all have the same address  and phone number - WTH - has anybody experienced this? does this mean that i can never go for a CLI due to this? 

I had the same problem with credit solutions on Wed, Sep 25. They couldn't verify my cell phone or home phone to send a verfication text or robo call. (I've received verification codes from them since opening first account in 2017).  I had problems getting through to credit solutions; calls kept dropping or it would answer to dead space. I also got rerouted through to the US customer service twice. Something strange is going on with their system.

I also had problems with PayPal Credit payments from 9/20-9/26. When you try to manage or view payments the system reported technical issues. My payment didn't post until yesterday evening. Luckily I had scheduled it on Friday and had a confirmation # or I would have been screwed. There was a late payment ghosting on my available balance. The billing department rep I spoke to said "this is what happens when you rely on computers to do everything." 

Anyway, apologize for the rant, I just got very frustrated with them this week. Found it interesting that it started on the same day Capital One had access to their system. Usually I'm very happy with Synchrony, problems/errors are expected, just hope it doesn't happen too often. 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems aside.

I would think that a one time charge of $200 and PIF, after only having said card for two weeks. Is hardly a justification for a $5K CL, not when SL was $300.

I would have spent at least 4 cycles doing this, possibly even charging and PIF 2-3 times in one month to show heavy usage to warrant such an increase.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.