Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes credit card

tag
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Re: Lowes credit card

Hmmm. I wonder...

I've only ever seen a starting limit on a Prequal (SP) once before.

My bank had an offer for me on the "Citizen's Bank Cash Back Plus card" where they offered me a SL of 5.5K I think.

That never resulted in a HP.

I wonder with them offering the 9K on a SP... Would that bypass a HP as well?   

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 11 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@raisemysc0re wrote:

Hmmm. I wonder...

I've only ever seen a starting limit on a Prequal (SP) once before.

My bank had an offer for me on the "Citizen's Bank Cash Back Plus card" where they offered me a SL of 5.5K I think.

That never resulted in a HP.

I wonder with them offering the 9K on a SP... Would that bypass a HP as well?   

I would assume SYNCB being SYNCB that it would result in a HP.  I haven't seen any recent DPs in Approvals that confirm a total SP approval on this particular card.

Message 12 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Lowes doesn't have a prequalify site as far as I know?????????????????

I thought the same thing...but check again...it's there today!  Admittedly, I tried it and was declined.  It's has to be for a few different reasons as my profile wouldn't warrant a flat out denial I think...but all my reports are frozen so they may have tried to SP something they couldn't and said no....or, the fact that I have 2 other accounts that reported as new this month led them to decline me.  Either way, a nice new feature for sure.  I'm not sure who they pull, I don't have any other accounts with Sync.  Nothing I need now but fun to see....if there's a DP on what they pull, I can try thawing and then trying again in the future.   Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 12.12.59 PM.png

Message 13 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Bama-37 wrote:

I did the same thing yesterday and got the same message. Called them (8004800186) and had to verify who I was. Once verified got approved for $4500. Then called the customer relations number 877-379-8173 (Overseas) and asked for increase to 30k as I am doing home repairs and they bumped the SL to 17k.

Wait, isnt Synchrony the Devil?Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Lowes doesn't have a prequalify site as far as I know?????????????????

Unless the OP meant Home Depot pre-qualification portal? 🤷

Lowes does have a prequal tool 

7FE7628E-0DC0-44BD-A8CF-06645F460076.jpeg

Color me surprised!   I had no idea either.   Thanks for clearing up the mystery.   

careful Finny, we wouldnt want this to get out there as common knowledge, Sync's been bashed enoughSmiley Wink. Can you imagine the repurcussions of people getting prequalified only to later have Sync close the account!  Grains of saltSmiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

7-10 day message is definitely not a denial. I got the letter for identity verification also. Went through that and got approved for a toy SL of $400. TU hard pull. I have other accounts with Sync, Amazon Prime and PayPal, was surprised by the ID verify. All of my credit is 1 1/2 years old or less with over 20 new accounts and inquiries in that time which probably explains the SL. No baddies, 1% UTIL with 22K total credit. TU Fico 8 at 725. Immediately called customer solutions overseas and asked for SL recon to $5K. Two seconds later very helpful rep said congratulations. Let it be noted I have never had any luck talking to the folks in Florida. The customer solutions number rocks!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.