Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes denied increase to $25k

tag
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

Re: Lowes denied increase to $25k

I would just call them back. Ive been denied and called back 4 times in two days. First was denial, second one took me from like $10k to $25k. third one was denial and fourth took me to $35k. its very dependent on individual person you speak with

Message 11 of 33
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

$35k at Lowes, wow. I don't remember the last time I asked for a CLI. I have way more than I need..

I also don't think "my goal is $100k" is ever a good thought process.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 12 of 33
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@trubliever82 wrote:

I would just call them back. Ive been denied and called back 4 times in two days. First was denial, second one took me from like $10k to $25k. third one was denial and fourth took me to $35k. its very dependent on individual person you speak with

I wonder why? I was origionall approved for $2K at the end of Janaruy. I then asked if they could increase that so I was transferred to a different department that asked the normal questions including how much I wanted. I asked for $10K and got it.  Some members here suggested that I call back because I probably left some money on the table so I called a few days later and got $17K.    I think I'd feel kind of strange calling to ask for an increase after I was just denied.  I was approved the other time so I was just calling to ask for more. This would be like asking Mom after Dad said "no" Smiley Happy 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 13 of 33
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@mitchblue wrote:

$35k at Lowes, wow. I don't remember the last time I asked for a CLI. I have way more than I need..

I always set goals. My problem is I bump them higher when I get closer to acheiving them. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Idk if it matters who you talk to because they just plug it in the computer (unless some people aren't really doing that)
Message 15 of 33
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

I always set goals. My problem is I bump them higher when I get closer to acheiving them. 

Then you're making this into a game? Might do more harm down the road.. Obviously you make quite the living.. AndI'm kind of jealous. I'll just take my $30k salary and go in a hole Smiley Wink

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's doesn't take a high income to reach $100k mitchblue.
Message 17 of 33
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If it's true that Sync has a $100k ceiling then I certainly wouldn't want to burn a quarter of it on a Lowes store card.  That is unless you have no interest in taking advantage of some of their other offerings.  I'd much rather have that limit on a major card rather then being locked to the store...but I understand to each his or her own.  

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an unnecessary limit on any card for personal use lol
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the highest monthly spend over 4 mos being only 5% of CL, I don't find a CLI decline surprising.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.