Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lured by PNC Cash Rewards, but...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lured by PNC Cash Rewards, but...

I'm supposed to be gardening, but the mailer came saying I was pre-qualified and $100 sign-up bonus and 4% on gas and...and...and...*sigh*

I applied. But I didn't get auto-approved, and now I wait. I got a message saying they'd be in touch "shortly" which sounded like any minute I should hear from them, but alas, four hours has now passed. 

I've since learned that PNC is very conservative and rather sensitive to high amounts of inquiries. So, I'm guessing they don't like that I have opened 13 new accounts over the past 12 months. Heh.  

I should have done research before applying. But the whole "pre-qualified" with the "Reservation" number and all that made me think I had nothing to lose. 

Now I fear I've wasted an inquiry and hard pull on a card I'm not likely to get. Shame too. I would have put it to good use for the next two years while I'm waiting to get back under 5/24. 

Fingers crossed that tomorrow brings unexpected good news, though I'm not very optimistic. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Lured by PNC Cash Rewards, but...

First, remember that it's Sunday. They are more than likely closed.

you will probably hear from them via mail in the next 7-10 days. PNC is pretty conservative....

if if you are looking for decent rewards on gas, check out PenFed platinum rewards Visa... 

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.