cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MLife Rewards Mastercard should I apply?

tag
dunsplus
New Contributor

MLife Rewards Mastercard should I apply?

Today I got a letter to apply for mlife MasterCard the letter came with one of those fake cc on the letter and it has a access code and reservation number. I read the letter and couldn’t find anywhere saying pre approved so I’m worried in applying and getting a hp and declined.

second issue is my credit score isn’t the best yet it used to be 590 however with me bringing down my credit utilization from 89% to 41% my score has improved however I have no idea what my exact score is since I get different scores from different cc.

ck =has my scores as 637 trans and 646 equifax

credit sesame= 637 trans

merrick = 674 

boa= 674

credit one bank =588

capital one=637

disc= 692

citi diamond preferred= 693

the offer gives me possible interest from 19.99% to 23.99%

im not happy with that interest, I figure in 6 months I will have paid off all my cc with exception of 1 and bringing  my score even higher I figure since my utilization will be 15% by then.

with a better score I figure I would get a better interest rate but if I apply later it would be a hp when I apply vs right now it seems like it might be a sp or already pre-approved since my offer has a access code and reservation code.

what would you suggest apply now and get higher interest but no hp or wait 6 months apply then get better interest but will have a hard pull I’m sure.im trying to avoid hard pulls since I have 6 inquiries in 2 years.  3 of them in 2017 and 3 from 2018

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: MLife Rewards Mastercard should I apply?

Looks like a marketing letter to me.

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Just a marketing solicitation OP.  It is not a pre-approved offer, unfortunately.   Moreover, if you apply now or later, it will be a HP regardless.

Message 3 of 4
dunsplus
New Contributor

Thanks for info I will def wait then to apply once my score has improved even more.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.