Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY CHANCES FOR A KHOL'S APPROVAL???

tag
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

MY CHANCES FOR A KHOL'S APPROVAL???

I'm considering an application with khols for their card. My fico scores are EX 597 TU 598 EQ 596. My inquires in last 12 mo are EX 2 TU 1 EQ 2. I have no inquiries or new accounts in last 3 mo. I have a capital one Quicksilver one card with a $300 limit and I just completed credit steps so it will be $500 soon. My utilization with cap1 is zero. I have an opensky cc at $200 limit with 1 percent utilization. I also am an AU on a Chase account but this account is ONLY showing on EX for some reason. It has $3000 limit with one percent utilization. I also at one time was an AU on a khols account awhile ago. I have plenty on neg info on my credit report all of which is over 4 years old. Most recent late payment is 4 yrs 2 mos ago. I have some collections too. WHAT ARE MY APPROVAL ODDS WITH KHOLS??? Thanks so much in advance for any feedback!
Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
Citi Custom Cash - $6,600
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
Chase slate (AU) - $3,000
Chase Freedom Flex - $11,100
Lowes Advantage card - $10,000
PNC poop points- $4,500
2 student loans 93% paid off
AMEX loan only 7% paid off so far
Total current Utilization among all accounts- 20%

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MY CHANCES FOR A KHOL'S APPROVAL???

How old are the collections? 

Having a Cap1 card already probably helps your chances a tad bit. While I can’t give you an exact percentage of your chances, I’d say they are decent depending on how old those collections are. I would expect a low starting credit line if approved however. 

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked on their website....you can see if you prequalify. 

Message 3 of 10
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checked on their website....you can see if you prequalify. 

Their prequal isn't as solid as a cap1s main site. I couldn't prequalify for a card, but got instant approval on a cold app.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls is pretty easy to qualify for. But why do you need it?
From your credit profile I can take that you need to work on your negatives, open an installment tradeline, get another revolving credit line.
How about getting another Cap 1?
Have you tried Cap one prequalification?
You are not far off from better cards than Kohls.
My suggestion is try Cap 1 prequalify, Discover Prequalify.
Get an installment tradeline like Self Lender or similar.
Message 5 of 10
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

My collections are all old around 4+ years one is a little newer. Now I did try the prequal but this is the problem, I submitted a prequal app 6 weeks ago or so and never got an answer. It redirected to a page that said action couldn't be completed do to website internal error or something along those lines and now when I tried again today it's saying it can't be processed because I already submitted app in last 60 days. So I'm not getting any help from the prequal option. Very frustrating...
Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
PNC poop points- $4,500

Message 6 of 10
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Log into your Cap1 account. Open a new tab and go to Kohl's site. Put what you NEED in your shopping cart. Go to checkout. If they want you they will tell you.

Note that the information they make their pre-approval decision on may be a month old.

They will do a hard pull. but unlike a Cap1 CC, it will only be 1 bureau. It was TU in my case.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 10
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

The main reason I want khols card is cause I shop there and your right I could use another revolving account. I considered self lender but I am already in the sixth month of rehabilitating my student loans so in 3onths i will have an active installment. I also have been told self lender works best for those who have no installment loans in credit profile. But your right I could get another cap1 card and I can use the card anywhere, even khols! Lol. I was thinking about the regular Quicksilver but not sure if I can get it. I'll try the prequal.
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
PNC poop points- $4,500

Message 8 of 10
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

THIS IS SO STRANGE... I just did what u said and when I logged on to my cap1 account apparently they switched my qs1 to a platinum. Why would they do that??? Have I just been downgraded? I have been an excellent costumer putting hundreds on my card each month and paying in full and paying early. I don't know what's going on and maybe it's a glitch!
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
PNC poop points- $4,500

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd have to agree with Ericguest on this one. Although you may want this card, based on your credit profile it really seems like you need to garden a bit and improve your scores.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.