Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's CLI 31 days question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's CLI 31 days question

What time does the 31st day start? I can request on 07/24/2020, but when does it officially become 07/24/2020 according to Citi Macy's?

I am EST and 12am is one hour away, should I wait until in the morning- or can I do it right at the start of 07/24/2020? 

Or, should I just wait until 07/25/2020 morning/afternoon. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's CLI 31 days question

@Anonymous wrote:

What time does the 31st day start? I can request on 07/24/2020, but when does it officially become 07/24/2020 according to Citi Macy's?

I am EST and 12am is one hour away, should I wait until in the morning- or can I do it right at the start of 07/24/2020? 

You request to early, you will just get a denial letter.

If I were you, I would call in and ask for a CLI, If it is going to be a HP ..

The CSR will tell you before, and you have the option to decline it.

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck!

I'm a bit confused, I have read mixed reports that calling is indeed a HP. My report is locked, so regardless- their attempt(s) would be thwarted. I put $5k spend on it last statement, with it reporting a $0.00 balance. This is right after my increase from $500 to $8,000. I was thinking about asking for $10,000 more. My last request online was indeed an instant approval, with my Experian locked; so I assume it was a soft pull. 

Would appreciate further insight, as I believe you too have the Amex version.

Message 3 of 8
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck!

I'm a bit confused, I have read mixed reports that calling is indeed a HP. My report is locked, so regardless- their attempt(s) would be thwarted. I put $5k spend on it last statement, with it reporting a $0.00 balance. This is right after my increase from $500 to $8,000. I was thinking about asking for $10,000 more. My last request online was indeed an instant approval, with my Experian locked; so I assume it was a soft pull. 

In my experience it was a soft pull for a CLI.  I would apply on day 31 for the best results and of course YMMV.

Message 4 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck!

@Anonymous, I have both versions, store card & Amex.

My first CLI on the Amex was a HP. after that, Up to $18K have been SP ..So YMMV

.. I had only received SP's on the Store card up to $25K

If your reports are locked, then you really do not have to worry, if they want to pull your report and cannot,

You will just get a Denial letter. Hope this helps?     ... and Good Luck!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck!

My first CLI on the Amex was a HP. after that, Up to $18K have been SP ..So YMMV

If your reports are locked, then you really do not have to worry, if they want to pull your report and cannot,

Tried online, the webpage froze.. but I got an email that they received the request.. but this looks like a "no"

Credit Line Increase Requested:
A credit line increase was requested on 7/24/2020. We will contact you via email with our decision.

Quality service and the security of your account are of great importance to us. If any of the above information is inaccurate, please contact us immediately at 1-888-257-6757.

Message 6 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Luck!

Tried online, the webpage froze.. but I got an email that they received the request.. but this looks like a "no"

Credit Line Increase Requested:
A credit line increase was requested on 7/24/2020. We will contact you via email with our decision.

Quality service and the security of your account are of great importance to us. If any of the above information is inaccurate, please contact us immediately at 1-888-257-6757.

@Anonymous, Either you asked to early? (You will get an online letter that will state that)

Or They want to HP your credit.

So if the denial letter does not state "insufficient time" .. blah ..blah

Then you will know they wanted to HP your credit.

Message 7 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Agreed @M_Smart007 

I just did this earlier in the month @Anonymous  and if you call....you make the request over the phone and give them the additional amount you like to be approved for...."I'd like my new limit to be XXX" and they will process with you on the phone.  IF it can be approved immediately, you're all set...no HP.  If they CANNOT approve immediately, they will tell you "we will need to do a HP before giving you a decision...are you okay with this?" and then you'd need to agree and unlock before they proceed.  I didn't need the HP but the rep told me the system stops them and they ask you before they proceed in case you don't want that action taken.  Sounded like he knew what he was doing so....

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.