Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy’s CLI. Did I goof?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy’s CLI. Did I goof?

Received a CLI on my Macy's store card on June 6. I've read where others have had success with a CLI every 31 days so I tried my luck last night. Clicked the "Request a credit limit increase" button and received the "we're reviewing your account information" message. Woke up today to an email stating my request was declined because of "insufficient time since last review". Should I have waited until day 32? 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Dgr24
Valued Member

Re: Macy’s CLI. Did I goof?

I wish I had an answer for you. Today marks my 31 days and it's telling me to call instead of giving me the option of hitting the love button and I'm wondering why this is. 

This would also be my first 31 day CLI request after reading about most folks having success with it. 

Credit Cards

Retail Cards
Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Dgr24 wrote:

I wish I had an answer for you. Today marks my 31 days and it's telling me to call instead of giving me the option of hitting the love button and I'm wondering why this is. 

This would also be my first 31 day CLI request after reading about most folks having success with it. 

Just ignore and try again in a week. If still no go try next month no big deal. Its bit like people are actually using their limitsSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Received a CLI on my Macy's store card on June 6. I've read where others have had success with a CLI every 31 days so I tried my luck last night. Clicked the "Request a credit limit increase" button and received the "we're reviewing your account information" message. Woke up today to an email stating my request was declined because of "insufficient time since last review". Should I have waited until day 32? 

Agree with Average Joe, Try again in 7 days or so.

Message 4 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Keep in mind, if you call in for a CLI, you have the choice through the CSR to deny if it is going to be a HP.

Message 5 of 17
RootDet
Established Contributor

Did you make any purchases between cli's? It does help over there at macy's.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did make a purchase or 2 since the last CLI. 

Message 7 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@RootDet wrote:

Did you make any purchases between cli's? It does help over there at macy's.

I'd say a little In & Out burger spend is gooodSmiley LOL

Some report CLI's with Zero use.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dgr24 wrote:

Don't worry about it, I have to call in every month and so far they increse 1500 each month for the last 3 months and no HP for any of them, good luck though.

Message 9 of 17
slickwidit
Established Contributor

OP -  wait until the denial letter is in your portal and then try again. be sure to request less than 25K of total credit line Smiley Happy. if you try before the letter is generated it will deny.

Good luck!

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.