Did you mean: 

Macy's - Talk Me Off the Ledge

tag
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

Re: Macy's - Talk Me Off the Ledge

@VintageMel wrote:

@babygirl1256 wrote:

@VintageMel I'd say go for it . . . Macy's is my store (LOL) and there are so many perks that it's well worth it. In fact, on yesterday I ordered my mother-in-law (age 85) a robe and it cost me only $0.83 because I redeemed some of my Star Rewards Money . . . I just love shopping at Macy's and they recently raised my CL to $12k. You can't go wrong a Macy's card . . . Yes, go Macy's Platinum!!!

Macy's Order 5-22-2021.jpg

This may be just what I needed to hear.  Especially since Star Money Bonus Days start in a few days, it would be nice to maximize that.

Plus if no one on the MyFico forums think this is a terrible idea, then maybe it isn't. Unless you are all just bad influences. Smiley Tongue

Oh!  We most definitely are bad influences!  Your addressing a group of people that collect credit cards.  It would be like going to your local bookstore and asking them if you have too many books.... while showing you the latest bestseller from the New York Times list! 

Or me going int a yarn shop and asking them if I have too much yarn as they haul out The cashmere yarn!  

Still doesn't make it a bad idea 😂

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am like you in that every pull is a long thought out grind. I have had my Macy's card for 3-4 years. Last year my credit limit was $300. Now it is a whopping $22,800. My highest limit. I wish they would convert it already. My only knock against the card is no 0% interest offers or I would use it a lot more.  Get the card is my vote. 

Message 12 of 16
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

I think you nailed it - bad influences haha

Message 13 of 16
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

everyone voted for apply so let us know how it goes! 

Message 14 of 16
VintageMel
New Contributor

Well, after much mental hand wringing I went ahead and did it.  Now I just have to hope that the rewards are worth the new account ding on my scores for another year+.  Smiley Tongue

Approved in-store for the Macy's AmEx, $7,000.

Thanks everyone for egging me on your encouragement.

3/28/23
EX 810
EQ 831
TU ???
Cap1 QS March 2017 | AmEx BCP July 2019 | Citi DC June 2020 | AmEx Delta Gold October 2020 | Chase FU October 2020 | Macy's AmEx May 2021
Message 15 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As the OP has provided an update on their approval, this thread is now locked and closed to new messages. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.