Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's and Nordstrom store cards

tag
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Macy's and Nordstrom store cards

Called both and got the same answer: no more upgrade requests to the normal credit card. Apparently you'd have to apply again and get another HP and have a new account.

As far as what I understood, no automatic upgrades as well.

This sucks

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's and Nordstrom store cards

I imagine upgrades can still be possible but on their terms and time, as when they do periodic upgrades. Never take a csr's word as 100% face valueSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH has a Macy’s store card and when we went there, cashier said he was able to upgrade. So from this experience I’d bet an upgrade would be on their terms.
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol just dont let the cashier try and bamboozle your DH into upgrading on spot. A Cashier has no power to do so and it would an application for the Amex , which might not be approvedSmiley Wink. Even if approved not a true upgrade Smiley Sad. Just use your card, pay it on time and upgrades will comeSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I imagine upgrades can still be possible but on their terms and time, as when they do periodic upgrades. Never take a csr's word as 100% face valueSmiley Wink

I agree! 
Since I've been on this forum, at least once a year, they've offered upgrades for a limited time. Just hang in there. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's upgraded my store card to the Amex in December. Raised limit from $5000 to $7000. It popped up as an option to switch when I was paying my bill. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit, DH declined the upgrade.
Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh, ok. Its ok everyone's needs and choices are different. Like some who choose the BB store card over the Visa versionSmiley Wink. Good thing about Macys upgrades, they DONT create new account, just new number etc, but history remains unlike Synchrony.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.