Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys (denial) and Kohls (pending).....

tag
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Macys (denial) and Kohls (pending).....

Went out on a ledge to get a few store cards under my belt however im thinking I need higher scores and need to wait, I appd for the 3 store cards I would use and that would be fairly easy to get approved for. so far a no go I did the app online on the store website and currently I have a secured CO card a QS1 card with a 500cl (newest card) and a fingerhut advantage acct 1300 CL ive had for 8 months all in good standing and low utilization.

Macys gave me a msg saying they needed info and to call thier CS number in which I did and she advised it was a decline but i would get somethign in the mail in 7-10days.

Still waiting on Victoria Secret info to come in the mail as stated in my previous post they would not give me more info i needed to wait for the letter to call and

Kohls said they needed one of thier support reps to call me for my app to be processed....

I had the fraud alerts removed 5 days ago and im thinking this is the delay with all my apps also I have not gotten any credit pull alerts on any bureau which is weird and Im frustrated and want to get at least one store card i can use with my low scores that will help my overall scores increasing.

Any advice?

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

Re: Macys (denial) and Kohls (pending).....

My only advice would be to not apply for anymore store cards. Try the shopping cart trick for comenity pre approvals which can sometimes be just a soft pull if it's just a store card.
Also if you are looking for something just to have for the sake of having to help scores I think the Firestone credit card is the easiest card to be approved for with a somewhat higher limit. When I came out of bankruptcy they were the first to approve me and gave me something like $1000 limit.
Message 2 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Need more info..  AA0A, baddies, util.  Maybe youre targeting the wrong cards.  There are easier cards out there then Macys but need more info Your FAKO scores look low. Look into gettig CCT for $1 trial. Maybe a secured card

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 12
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Kohls needed more info and I called to give that and a rep said someone would have to call but if I missed the call not to delete the VM because it has instructions that I need to follow, so not sure if that is an approval or not......Im new to this and will update you on my AAoA and collections shortly

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 4 of 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

I agree with the other posters.  You ck scores are a bit low.  However, I would get CCT and see what your actual scores are.  I would get those scores up a bit.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 12
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

ok i will focus on doing that. what scores are ideal?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store card is only good for the first time use discount after that it's not really useful unless they have the 12-24 months or whatever no interest and u need that and not pay full

Message 7 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Pway wrote:

I agree with the other posters.  You ck scores are a bit low.  However, I would get CCT and see what your actual scores are.  I would get those scores up a bit.  

We have no idea wat OP's scores are, they didnt post real scores, only FAKO

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 8 of 12
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

I hear Kohls has pretty good deals for their members and I know that a couple times a year they have some good sales and my daughter has gotten some things their so i could use it to shop for her if it will help build my credit at the same time.

Message 9 of 12
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Everyone the cards mentioned above were both approved after verification, Macys was just approved today after I called for the 3rd time to get my app reconsidered because they say I had a fraud alert with no phone number listed for contact, i asked the rep if i could go in the store and verify my identity and that the fraud alaerts were off a week ago. She said she needed to go in and look at my report and gave me the option of Exp or Equifax and I advised her to look at Experian because it has my higher score, she took 5 mins and came back with 400CL approval. Sometimes persistence pays Smiley Happy VS card was approved after i recieved the letter with a special number to call and verify...im done for a good while, it is my first app spree ever, i will build from here and when i hit prime numbers phase a lot of these out and get prime Credit Cards.

I alread have the Secured Capital on and Unsecured Capital one, i feel this is a good start of gardened well

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.