Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel - Insufficient Experience at Current Limit

tag
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

Marvel - Insufficient Experience at Current Limit

Hi all,

I've had my Marvel card since July 2019 (so approaching 8 months), with a SL of $1000 and can't seem to get a CLI. 

Could this "insufficient experience" be because I don't use the card very often? I've been putting all my spend on other cards for SUBS. Anyone have insight or experience?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Marvel - Insufficient Experience at Current Limit

"Insufficient Experience" is Disco's go-to denial reason. (I'm aware that Marvel card isn't Discover.) It could definitely be due to your lack of use. Issuers tend not to hand out tons of additional credit if what you already have isn't being used much. 

If this is a card you want to grow, start using it whenever possible. 

Good luck!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

Hi all,

I've had my Marvel card since July 2019 (so approaching 8 months), with a SL of $1000 and can't seem to get a CLI. 

Could this "insufficient experience" be because I don't use the card very often? I've been putting all my spend on other cards for SUBS. Anyone have insight or experience?

Thanks!

I would think it is "Not using it enough" ..

I got that reason on a Chevron Visa, put some good spend and got a very large CLI.

Message 3 of 8
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

"Insufficient Experience" is Disco's go-to denial reason. (I'm aware that Marvel card isn't Discover.) It could definitely be due to your lack of use. Issuers tend not to hand out tons of additional credit if what you already have isn't being used much. 

If this is a card you want to grow, start using it whenever possible. 

Good luck!

I agree. I don't know unless I try. When my SUBS are done next month, I'll put more spend on this card since it does have great restaurant and entertainment rewards. 

Message 4 of 8
blindambition
Senior Contributor

You can also put one, or more subscriptions on it. This shows consistent use.

Message 5 of 8
CreditJourney007
Frequent Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

You can also put one, or more subscriptions on it. This shows consistent use.

I put Netflix and Amazon on it, PIF, and nothing. That equals about $25/month, so I'll start redistrubting some of my other bills soon. Too bad the limit is too low to charge rent. That would probably get me a CLI in no time. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have several cards with 20k and 21 k limits. lately I've come to the conclusion that a high CLI  (15+k ) cli is a trap.

If your cli is 2x or 3x what you can pay off in a month.That is plenty.

A high cli is useful to show low usuage on a big spend. But other then that it is only for flex.

I stopped requesting higher cli's . I just wait till until it increases on it's own. If i am using it enough, it will.

I don't need to be concerned about it being a HP or SP.

If you have several High CLI's with one card provider they may be reluctent to approve you for another card due to maximum exposure.

Message 7 of 8
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@CreditJourney007 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks!

I severely doubt it has anything to do withg the usage. One persons experience and opinions:

1) "Usage" is perhaps the most over played concept here on MyFico in terms of why CLIs are granted. In otherwords, credit issuers care about it a lot less, and in different ways than many here think.

2) That statement likely refers to the length of time you have had the card, not experience spending.

3) I obtained 5 sync credit lines at virtually the same time last year.  ALL  have had significant CLIs EXCEPT the Marvel.  It is their stingiest CLI card. It is far tighter than the PayPal credit card which is superior in many ways.  PP, PPC, CC, ebay have all had increases.  Marvel is stuck, exactly like yours.

Note, I run significant spend through Marvel every month.  They are looking for time ... not spend.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.