cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel MasterCard Approvals at what APR???

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Marvel MasterCard Approvals at what APR???

Only thing I dislike is lack of redemption flexibility. You can't save up the rewards. Anyway, not Apping right now, maybe in a few months or something
Message 11 of 24
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

The appeal on this one is the 3% rewards.  APRs aren't really relevant on this card as it's not really designed for carrying a balance.

Message 12 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:
Only thing I dislike is lack of redemption flexibility. You can't save up the rewards. Anyway, not Apping right now, maybe in a few months or something

Ya definitely has my interest as well, but isn't going anywhere anytime soon.. Maybe a holiday gift to myself.. I can't see any bad things about this card other than the APR, but not meant to carry a balance on.  Best Sync Major CC IMO, beats Sams probably as well, depending on what your interests are in my case it beats sams out :Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Don't need it anytime soon since Discover is doing 5% dining at the moment anyway. Like you said, this isn't going anywhere anytime soon. There's no need to rush and apply just because it's available.

Maybe in the future, maybe not. I really do prefer to be able to save up the rewards. Getting $3 or $5 off my bill at the end of the month feels pretty meaningless, which is why I prefer to save them up for something bigger. Maybe once someone starts using the card they can give insight as to whether you can turn off the "auto redeem" thing.

Message 14 of 24
Samac
Regular Contributor

. . . The kid in my really wants this. Just to go in my wallet next to the cassette tape discover...
Message 15 of 24
Samac
Regular Contributor

... Update the kid in me won
Message 16 of 24
Jesi
New Contributor

I really can't believe it's true, but I just called the customer service number because I was curious what my APR is since it doesn't show anywhere and I have no statements yet but she said mine is 15.24%. I don't know if they can be misinformed but holy crap, that makes this my lowest interest rate card. My husband has the GM Power card, very low limit and it's 0% interest for a year I think but with a measly $300 limit...haha nothing I can really carry a balance on.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is 15.24% APR.

Message 18 of 24
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:
As usual synch bank assumes a very small percentage of people will qualify for their lowest apr. I'm thinking 800 FICO for the lowest apr from them.

I figure it would be the highest of FICO scores that would get the 15.24, but the 20.24 score cutoff is of interest.  The 25.24 APR is really high and definitely would make you PIF whether you want to or not, lol!  It does have some nice perks and it's a cute card but 25.4 is a deal breaker for me. 

That is pretty high!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 19 of 24
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Oddly, I was approved for the 15.24% APR.   approved for $4500 and reconned to $25k.  Only other sync major I have is SAMs mc. And I was approved for the higher APR at 23%. 

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.