Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel mastercard Approved !!! butttt ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel mastercard Approved !!! butttt ?

Waited to activate card & called for a cli 3 times All denied ? Smiley Sad

Excited & Deppresed At the same time ? I NEED ANSWERS ?

21 REPLIES 21
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Marvel mastercard Approved !!! butttt ?

Most "bank cards" won't give you a CLI right away, a few might on recon. From your short on information post, it appears that you got approved for the card, but have not received it yet and you seem offended that you are not entitled to a CLI immediately. Give it time and proper management and it will grow Smiley Wink  

Message 2 of 22
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

You are being totally unreasonable when you request a credit limit increase before you have even put some use on the card.  Use the card for a few months, then request the increase.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very much agreed with the above. It's really quite rare when issuers are generous enough to give CLI's right after an account is opened. I just opened a Paypal 2% Mastercard this past weekend with a very good SL and I'm not planning to try my first CLI request until at least October, maybe even November. Realistically, based on my overall history with Synchrony and CLI's it might be up to 6 months before I get my first CLI on the card. Be patient and build your history.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is it you feel you need answers to and why?

Congrats on the new card. Good luck
Message 5 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on approval. What is your limit, TU FICO, etc? Sync will give limit increases but in time. This isnt last year where we could get an increase before we got card. Things are tighter now. Always add as much info in your post for most constructive advice.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on approval. What is your limit, TU FICO, etc? Sync will give limit increases but in time. This isnt last year where we could get an increase before we got card. Things are tighter now. Always add as much info in your post for most constructive advice.

Words to the wise. I count myself lucky to have gotten the results I was able to get (Cap 1 card combo, new PayPal MC, and modest CLI's on Walmart and my newer Discover) during my CLI campaign last month. I'm gardening for at least the next six months now except for CLI requests but with everything tightening up it's iffy whether I'll get any more boosts before New Year's, even on my new card. We'll just have to see.

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great! Smiley Wink

But you need to wait until your card arrives and get in touch with a customer solutions rep. They may or may not approve your CLI request based on your credit report. Also, keep in mind that what AJC said is true: Synchrony is becoming tighter on CLIs. 

My advice is that when you get your card, consider using and PIF after, say, 3 statements, and then call up Synchrony to increase your limit. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

1500 SL TU FICO At the time 730 (34 inq) BUT I CAN ONLY GUESS THERE IS A TIME FRAME ON CLI IM ABOUT TO HIT MY 3rd statement cut this Month 

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I JUST WAS CURIOUS WITH TU BEING 730 AND ALL MY POSITIVE TRADE LINES I WOULD GET A LITTLE MORE 

THANKS MR3210

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.