Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max CL for Sportsman Guide Visa ???

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Max CL for Sportsman Guide Visa ???

I clicked the love button and got the 7-10 day notice.  Got secure message today. This is the answer in part

"We received your recent request for an increased credit limit . Because the The Sportsman's Guide Buyer's Club™ Advantage Rewards Visa® credit card program does not currently offer credit limits higher than your account's current limit, we are unable to approve your request at this time. Your credit limit remains $15,250.00"

Im just curious if any of you big boys have a larger limit

Thanks

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Re: Max CL for Sportsman Guide Visa ???

I started out at $7500 and it looks like I'm now topped out at $11,500 with my card. I only put a small charge once a year on it if that makes a difference 

Message 2 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry OP. looks like;

Message 3 of 26
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

<smirks> at @M_Smart007 's post

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Meanmchine, Pretty sure that is a Comenity Card .. I have never had a Comenity or a Barclaycard.

Maybe @Anonymous or @GApeachy  could answer for you? .. Possibly @Jnbmom ?

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any Comenity majors but @GApeachy does. She's a much better source than I am to trust on those.

Message 6 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Depends on profile.. Rumor says 25k for majors, but many above that level so your top is probably what they are comfortable with currently.  My WS VISA is at 22k and still growing and my AKC visa started at 15k and only had a few months suspect I can get that 30k+..  

Message 7 of 26
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I was searching recently about this. I've seen around 20k and maybe higher but can't find that post(s).  This link here is to an old post but it's one I found recently indicating $17k.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Sportsman-s-Guide-CLI-Comenity/td-p/4618520

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 8 of 26
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I've seen these Comenity Visa and MCs go as high as $30k--including SG. However I think since Covid-19 they've tightened up a bit. Before February of this year I was able to request CLIs on my 4 Comenity majors roughly every 4-5 months and be approved for something. FFW to now--I can't get any more increases and I'm getting basically the same message about already exceeding the max. amount offered for a particular card. So needless to say I'm not going to poke the bear and ask for anymore CLIs and be satisfied with the limits I have--which aren;t too bad BTW. But to answer your question in the past I have seen 1 or 2 SGs with $30k or better limits.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 26
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine 

It can grow as high as 100K if the spend and payoff amounts are identical .. my SPG visa was @41K Back in 2018 and it is now at 65K ..don't hold your breath .. ..you have fine decent limit its boring card anyway Smiley Indifferent

____________________R.a.j

SPG VisaSPG Visa

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.