Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mazuma Credit Union Credit Card Approval!... kind of

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mazuma Credit Union Credit Card Approval!... kind of

Well, this is a first. Also not sure if this is in the right forum so I'll post it here. 697 on Transunion and I have a previous paid auto loan with this particular credit union. Applied for a credit card this morning and requested a limit of $5000. They approved me for that limit with an APR of 11.09% Fantastic! But they asked me for 2 references - okay, I can deal with that. ...and then PROOF OF INCOME?! Normally POI wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm 1099 and they don't accept bank statements... so I was ultimately declined. Has anyone else ever been asked for POI for a credit card app? First time for me.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Mazuma Credit Union Credit Card Approval!... kind of

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, this is a first. Also not sure if this is in the right forum so I'll post it here. 697 on Transunion and I have a previous paid auto loan with this particular credit union. Applied for a credit card this morning and requested a limit of $5000. They approved me for that limit with an APR of 11.09% Fantastic! But they asked me for 2 references - okay, I can deal with that. ...and then PROOF OF INCOME?! Normally POI wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm 1099 and they don't accept bank statements... so I was ultimately declined. Has anyone else ever been asked for POI for a credit card app? First time for me.

Never from the bank, but yes by a couple of CUs

That's standard practice for many and it can be profile dependent. 

I've only been asked when my CR looked like I was trying to rob the world with new accounts 🤷‍♀️

Message 2 of 5
britt585
Regular Contributor

hi..my first time hearing about this credit union...can you share who they pulled and is mem bership required for CC?

Message 3 of 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Never from the bank, but yes by a couple of CUs

That's standard practice for many and it can be profile dependent. 

I've only been asked when my CR looked like I was trying to rob the world with new accounts 🤷‍♀️

City National Bank wanted to see my latest paystub.   That's the only time I've ever had a bank directly request POI.  Credit unions, different story.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mazuma Credit Union pulls Transunion, FICO 8 and a membership is required - a savings account with $1 deposit will suffice.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.