Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid app spree, 1 approval, 2 pending and 1denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mid app spree, 1 approval, 2 pending and 1denial

Barclay denied as of this morning per status website. Unknown yet why. Is Barclays worth calling recon? Any success there ever?
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off phone with security, they want physical front and back copies of drivers license, social security card, and a utility bill. Wow. Archaic process.
Message 12 of 16
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

This is only my opinion but you are better off without having any Barclays cards. The arrival plus as well as the uber card are both great cards but Barclays is a very finicky lender to say the least. They will CLD, cancel, etc... to you and not even give you a reason half the time. Just my 2 cents. But you have the CSP which is a fantastic card so no real loss.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The csp is still pending. And I understand your point, I want at least one of the two for the Traveling SUB however. Really hoping csp doesn’t get denied above the barclay card. But yea, I really want one of the two for a large upcoming purchase. And a vacation in the works this winter.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP apprroovveeddd. 

Called automated line this morning, its been 48hours btw. 30 day message. Said screw it and called recon line because im an **bleep**. Guys says, "im gonna send you a text code and some security questions" in a generic manner. Then says give me a minute while i submit for approval(my heart pounding haha). Comes back on phone, congrats youve been approved for $23,400, you'll see it in a week or two. 5 minutes later it shows up in my chase app, which i needed to verify thinking no way he said $23,400 lol.

Message 15 of 16
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BTW Barclay is almost always worth a recon if for no other reason than the UW are prone to giving real feedback on why the denial and what to target to improve odds for next time.

As has been alluded they keep a close eye on overall credit status and can be jumpy in response to an adverse shift in your credit profile.  

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.