Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Approval spree and question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mini Approval spree and question

So last year my score tanked because i had maxed out the only two credit cards i had (C1 Venture and QS), score i believe was in the high 500s at some point and low 600s, paid off both cards and that boosted my score in the mid-high 600s, used Experia Boost recently and that took it to 704.

anyway, here is where im at so far:

Capital One Quick Silver - had it for 5+ years and started at $300, now is at $1050, has been challenging to increase due to my high balance

Capital One Venture - had it for 5+ years, started at 750, now at $950 again barely any CLI due to high balance before paying it off

Applied for Apple card, approved with $500 in January, CLI two weeks ago for $1,750

Best Buy Card (Citi) approved April for $2k

Amazon Prime Chase approved 1st week of may for $2k (got the nice $150 gift card welcome bonus)

Amex BCE approved last month for $1k

Lowes Advantage Approved last week for $600, called them up right away for a CLI and increased to $17k

I think im done now but my question is, that United Explorer is looking nice but im now learning about the 5/24 rule, and im not sure if i should even bother trying, Chase preapproval shows the usual " don't have any offers right now maybe due to opting out blah..."

should i go ahead and try anyway or wait?? Experia is only reporting 3 inquiries so far, Equifax is not showing any hard inquiries yet but is reporting the new accounts added. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mini Approval spree and question

forgot to mention, right now Experian still showing 700 and EQ dropped to 645 due to the recent accounts added.

Message 2 of 3
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Mini Approval spree and question

Congrats on your CLI and approvals!!! I would suggest a break. Chase doesn't like multiple apps in a short amount of time. They will monitor reports for a few months, and can and DO AA. Let new accounts age some, and let Chase see history on Amazon. The $1k limit on Amex suggests borderline approval, so they'll want history too. GL!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.