cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum credit score for FICO to get approved for companies like Dell and Paypal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Minimum credit score for FICO to get approved for companies like Dell and Paypal

I am interested in possibly applying for credit through Paypal and Dell. What is the minimum credit score and FICO score REQUIRED AND EXPECTED for approval? Do they turn you down if you have anything negative showing, even if it has been paid off and I am showing NO debt owed to anyone? I literally havea 628 score right now on all three credit reports with two credit cards, one that has 300 dollars credit, and one that has 500 dollars, all showing at least 75 percent available credit. I do not own a home or a vehicle, and never have.  I just pay rent monthly to my landlord. What say you?

22 REPLIES 22
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: Minimum credit score for FICO to get approved for companies like Dell and Paypal

Paypal credit maybe, dell not so.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Minimum credit score for FICO to get approved for companies like Dell and Paypal

I was asking what is the MINIMUM SCORE, both credit and FICO to get approved for DELL and Paypal. You did not really answer my question. I need qualified people please. Thank you for understanding.

Message 3 of 23
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I was asking what is the MINIMUM SCORE, both credit and FICO to get approved for DELL and Paypal. You did not really answer my question. I need qualified people please. Thank you for understanding.

Previous poster DID answer your question - your scores are on the low side for Dell, PayPal credit is a possibility.

Look at the credit pulls database for data points for both lenders

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It did not answer my question.  Read my question. he did NOT list ANY scores or numbers, so my question did not get answered. I also do not want to be talked down to. I asked a simple question and i DID NOT get the EXACT answer.

Mod note:  Post has been edited to meet myFICO "FSR" criteria.  --UB

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one here is able to give an exact number as we are not credit underwriters. We also don't know if lenders look at specific items on credit reports in addition to a score.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is done electronically in seconds, so "they" are NOT people looking at it. My mother was approved for Dell in 6 seconds after she submitted her application, so it has NOTHING to with with a bank loan or a credit underwriter. She was applying for a COMPUTER, NOT a bank loan, which in that case, yes it is going to be different. So that is why I asked what is the MINIMUM score Dell's data pulling system needs in order to approve. I HAD a collection or two, but they are paid off, so that has turned to showing NO debt owed. I was just doing research and asking questions. Thank you to the most recent person in at least being less aggressive. If anyone KNOWLEDGEABLE and QUALIFIED from FICo themselves, or contributors has the answers, then answer, but do not waste my time responding if you are not going to answer my questions properly, respectfully and correctly. If you cannot do that, THEN PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE AT ALL. It is rude otherwise. Thank you.

Message 7 of 23
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Ernie, you are the one being rude. We can not give you an answer, if you don't like that we are not UW, then I'll say we aren't the computer. All we can do is give you a best guess from our experience. If Googling credit pulls database and seeing actual numbers, limits, blah blah doesn't work then this is the best we can do.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 8 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymouswrote:

It is done electronically in seconds, so "they" are NOT people looking at it. My mother was approved for Dell in 6 seconds after she submitted her application, so it has NOTHING to with with a bank loan or a credit underwriter. She was applying for a COMPUTER, NOT a bank loan, which in that case, yes it is going to be different. So that is why I asked what is the MINIMUM score Dell's data pulling system needs in order to approve. I HAD a collection or two, but they are paid off, so that has turned to showing NO debt owed. I was just doing research and asking questions. Thank you to the most recent person in at least being less aggressive. If anyone KNOWLEDGEABLE and QUALIFIED from FICo themselves, or contributors has the answers, then answer, but do not waste my time responding if you are not going to answer my questions properly, respectfully and correctly. If you cannot do that, THEN PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE AT ALL. It is rude otherwise. Thank you.

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to myFICO! welcome.gif 

The exact information you're requesting isn't available here, or on any other website.  All we can do is provide an 'educated guess' as to if someone will be approved for a particular product.  There's a database that does provide scores based on your state and the issuer (you can google for it...we're not permitted to link to it here) but even it is limited since issuers can change their requirements at any time.

Further, we have a policy here we refer to as "FSR"... that's Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful, and posting in a "FSR" manner is required to retain posting privileges.  If someone provides feedback that you feel isn't helpful, simply overlook it and wait for the next response; there's no need to reply in a negative manner.  More details can be found here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Finally, if you'll provide as much detail as possible about your specific situation you'll get the best feedback on your chances for the products you're inquiring about.

--UncleB

myFICO Moderator

Message 9 of 23
thummel
Established Contributor

You technically are applying for a bank loan actually. Nobody here will be able to give you a score that you will be approved at because everyone’s profile is different and it’s not only scores that count. Only real way to know is apply or call the banks that back the financing. PayPal credit is issued by comenity bank and dell is issued by web bank. Most likely even the banks that back the loans will tell you to apply because they can’t tell you if you will be approved or not. Best of luck to you
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.