Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved up the next rung on the amex prequal ladder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Moved up the next rung on the amex prequal ladder

Thanks for the info, yeah it's possible, I'm just guessing it's a combination of student loan lates, and my 4 student loans which have heavy utilization (1 at 62%, 1 at 84%, and 2 over 100%) and 9k debt balance, may be why I'm not pre-qualified for them, it's known amex does not like serious lates which I got 4 accounts with 9 lates each, I feel like they still don't really like my profile I didn't get prequals on amex/Hilton until I got around 700, I had a really credit hectic 2019 opened like 8 cards a boatload of inquiries, a car loan. I'm trying to keep my spade planted in the ground firmly until March/april 2021 which will be a year since newest card, all inquiries from April 2019 will drop completely off, I'm going to aggressively attack those loan balances. I have enough credit for now to do what I wanna do, and would probably just get a 1k limit anyway, I'll get way better results later, amex will be what I hit first, since my ex will be clean far before the other two for sure

Message 11 of 14
805orbust
Valued Contributor

And they LOVE getting those annual fees I'm sure! 🤣

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an fyi, just because you're not prequalified for the charge cards in no way means you wouldn't be approved for them. A good friend of mine only was prequalified for the Amex Delta credit card and applied for it, was approved, then immediately applied for the Platinum charge card and was instantly approved. Sometimes the algorithm just doesn't want to show you something. 

Message 12 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your prequal!
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info, yeah it's possible, I'm just guessing it's a combination of student loan lates, and my 4 student loans which have heavy utilization (1 at 62%, 1 at 84%, and 2 over 100%) and 9k debt balance, may be why I'm not pre-qualified for them, it's known amex does not like serious lates which I got 4 accounts with 9 lates each, I feel like they still don't really like my profile I didn't get prequals on amex/Hilton until I got around 700, I had a really credit hectic 2019 opened like 8 cards a boatload of inquiries, a car loan. I'm trying to keep my spade planted in the ground firmly until March/april 2021 which will be a year since newest card, all inquiries from April 2019 will drop completely off, I'm going to aggressively attack those loan balances. I have enough credit for now to do what I wanna do, and would probably just get a 1k limit anyway, I'll get way better results later, amex will be what I hit first, since my ex will be clean far before the other two for sure

i also have student loan lates -9 accounts w/ 2 90 day lates- and 2 current loans with very high utilization and i have a Amex Hilton honors. I also did the 3x cli on HH. It may have helped that I started with the gold card in 2017 as an AU. When the primary passed away i was able to start my own card and was easily approved. If you want the card you should apply. Good luck. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.