cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex 61 days is tomorrow...cli attempt and should I app for new Amex card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Amex 61 days is tomorrow...cli attempt and should I app for new Amex card?

@IodineNightSky wrote:
7-10 day msg booooo!
Guess I won’t apply for a second card w them just yet lol.

You need to get your credit scores, and Experian in particular, above 670.  Its not the end of the world; you can make another CLI request 90 days from today.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Amex 61 days is tomorrow...cli attempt and should I app for new Amex card?

I have read many recent stories about the 7 to 10 day message after 61 days.  I think I will wait until 6 months to ask for my first CLI (nearly at my 91 days already).

My SL was $20k and I barely use the card.  I have 3 HPs dropping off my record through March 2019.  Those were the only attempts at credit before the AmEx.  My FICOs are in the 780s so maybe they will be in the 800s by then.  I'm trying to be greedy by going from $20k to $30k in my first attempt at a CLI.  Fortunately, many here have already shown me the 91 day rule isn't nearly a sure thing.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.