Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FCU & Chex bypass?

tag
rprisco
Regular Contributor

NASA FCU & Chex bypass?

I know I'm in the garden, but I really want the star trek card offered by NASA FCU. I have chex locked and won't open it. That poses a problem with many banks. I called NASA today was told them chex was locked and was told I could apply for the card and if approved, they would auto open membership.

Anyone have any experience with auto membership regardless of chex?
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: NASA FCU & Chex bypass?

Wouldn't it just be easier to unfreeze Chex?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 8
mrldp40
Established Contributor

I tried for NASA but was unable to access the app because I forget a security question answer I previously set up
ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 3 of 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

nasa fcu is like barclay. why would some one want them.

Message 4 of 8
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

I don't know much about NASA but I understand they've become a bit more conservative in the last 18 months or so. I would imagine them "needing" to see Chex would fall under "conservative" behavior, so I would just get the process started on getting chex unlocked while you continue searching (and possibly not find the answer you're shorting for). The sooner you get it unlocked you can tackle applying for that card. Good luck!
Message 5 of 8
peghede
Valued Contributor

and have  poi ready for them

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peghede wrote:

nasa fcu is like barclay. why would some one want them.

I agree... I don't know why people like them.  Maybe things have changed?  Who knows..

Message 7 of 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

Just recently closed my account with them, never received more mail from them in my life! They never sent me a single thing until I closed the account. Now I get "we miss you" post cards and offers for credit cards and loans.. When I called to close the rep couldn't have cared less and almost seemed rude. Good bye!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.