Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA FEDERAL CU DENIED AFTER PRE QUALIFY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA FEDERAL CU DENIED AFTER PRE QUALIFY

Did the NASA pre qualify tool and it came back with good rates and SL. Applied and it went pending. Today received the denied

email. Pulled EX HP with current fico 8 of 712. Maybe the tool isnt real accurate or they are sensitvie to inquiries or new accounts?

Either way, hope this helps people considering this card

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: NASA FEDERAL CU DENIED AFTER PRE QUALIFY

How many inquiries and new accounts do you have? How new are they?

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had 5 total inquiries and 4 new accounts in 24 months and 3/12. 

Message 3 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

What is the approximate aggregate CL across all of your open cards? 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 18
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I don't think they're too sensitive to aggregate CL's as I had over $250K when I apped and they gave me $20K.

Message 5 of 18
Mad12345
Regular Contributor

They denied me also after a prequal. The used my experian mortgage score which is 675. I was under the impression that they used the Fico 8 score (my Fico 8 is 737).

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the NASA pre qualify tool and it came back with good rates and SL. Applied and it went pending. Today received the denied

email. Pulled EX HP with current fico 8 of 712. Maybe the tool isnt real accurate or they are sensitvie to inquiries or new accounts?

Either way, hope this helps people considering this card

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me. I tried the prequal, was approved for $15k at a higher APR. I apped and it said to wait 2-3 business days for decision, next day they denied the application. I called to see why and they said due to COs or judgments, however I don't have any judgements, only a couple-paid COs that will fall off soon. The prequal is clearly not effective. Apply at your own risk. 

Message 7 of 18
Metalcards
Regular Contributor

Same here. Prequalified for 12K and when I applied I was immediately denied. They didn't even think about it Smiley Surprised 

Too many inq, too many new accounts which is fine. I don't have a problem with that. I just didn't want to burn a hard pull for a denial but would burn one for a line of credit.

Message 8 of 18
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

A friend applied for a CC and it was approved and at the last minute they denied the app and he asked why and they would not tell him, turns out they took a app and it as for the wrong product anyway and when he asked they told is "o well, nothing we can do." Applyer beware!

Message 9 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

I don't think they're too sensitive to aggregate CL's as I had over $250K when I apped and they gave me $20K.

They have a history of denials citing that exact reason. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.