cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

****NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION CREDIT CARD AFTER BEING APPROVED FOR AUTO LOAN****

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

****NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION CREDIT CARD AFTER BEING APPROVED FOR AUTO LOAN****

I was just approved for a 40k auto loan yesterday. Since it was a hard pull to do so...if i want to go ahead and apply for a credit card as well, can Navy use the info from the hard pull that was done for the auto loan?

Or is it another hard pull to do so?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ****NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION CREDIT CARD AFTER BEING APPROVED FOR AUTO LOAN****

Auto loans are a different department. You will have to take another HP. 

Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: ****NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION CREDIT CARD AFTER BEING APPROVED FOR AUTO LOAN****

Different pull. Navy stands for HARD PULLSmiley Wink
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your auto loan approval!  For some reason NFCU won't give me the time of day on any of their credit products.  I was told before that I had to wait 1 year post our BK7 discharge which we are now 1 year past so I applied for an auto refi with my wife as a cosigner and it was turned down due to the cosigner so I tried by myself, went under review, and it was turned down due to past credit obligations (the BK).  That's all they would tell me over the phone.  They also turned me down for a credit card too.

We've re-established our credit nicely since the discharge with Discover secured and even an NFCU secured for my wife which graduated a few months ago.  We always pay in full and have been excellent with our other credit.  I guess NFCU is not happy that we haven't paid one cent of interest with them or something.... 

I'm giving up on NFCU at this point.  We moved our banking there back in October in hopes to establish a long relationship but apparently they don't want us.

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Navy doesnt care you havent paid one cent of interest. The bk has more to do with their decision.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TexasFamMan did you burn Navy in your BK? “Past Credit Obligations” sounds like it. My understanding is there is no chance of getting a credit product from them if you did. Also, check your credit report. If your BK is only a year past discharge your report may still need some cleaning up. Unfortunately every creditor and the CRA do not always properly clean up accounts to IIB $0 balance.

Message 6 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your auto loan approval!  For some reason NFCU won't give me the time of day on any of their credit products.  I was told before that I had to wait 1 year post our BK7 discharge which we are now 1 year past so I applied for an auto refi with my wife as a cosigner and it was turned down due to the cosigner so I tried by myself, went under review, and it was turned down due to past credit obligations (the BK).  That's all they would tell me over the phone.  They also turned me down for a credit card too.

We've re-established our credit nicely since the discharge with Discover secured and even an NFCU secured for my wife which graduated a few months ago.  We always pay in full and have been excellent with our other credit.  I guess NFCU is not happy that we haven't paid one cent of interest with them or something.... 

I'm giving up on NFCU at this point.  We moved our banking there back in October in hopes to establish a long relationship but apparently they don't want us.

I’m thinking of Julia Roberts in “Pretty Woman” when she returns to the Beverly Hills boutique carrying several bags of clothes she just purchased from other stores because this boutique ostracized her and wouldn’t sell her anything because she was a prostitute. 

BIG MISTAKE!  BIG!  HUGE!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-nPl-qAkUO0

That’s what I’m telling you about your remark about giving up on NFCU.

A 5-month relationship is a not enough history for NFCU to get to know you or your credit behaviors. IMHO, if NFCU turns you down, I’m willing to bet other lenders will definitely do the same. If you don’t want to give NFCU an opportunity to know you, then the loss is yours, not theirs. 

So my suggestion to you is to re-read all the forum members posts here who believes NFCU rocks—because indeed it does—and in the meantime, continue to work on the things that need working on so you can get the approvals you want. It will happen, but not over night.

And we can help you get there if you want to provide us with some DPs. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.