Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 91/3 DENIAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU 91/3 DENIAL

Hello everyone! I am so disappointed to announce that today marks my 91/3 with NFCU and I received a denial for a cli and for a 2nd cc. I have 100% payment on my credit report, my utilization is a little high 49%, and no collections. I reconned for the 2nd cc. I sent a secure message asking for them to reconsider. I am awaiting a response I was told it could take 24 hours. I have researched and not found anyone that got denied for BOTH. Its one or the other. I am really praying that they will reconsider. Do any one have any advice? Is this normal? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU 91/3 DENIAL

Good Luck @Lola0628 with your recon

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

There certainly have been people that have been denied a 91 day CLI and a new card at the same point.

Your utilization is a bit high. NFCU is also big on DTI - so your other debt obligations and income come into play.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! This is my first recon ever. Have you ever had any success?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been researching this forum for months and have not came across a case like this. Is there a forum?

Message 5 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone! I am so disappointed to announce that today marks my 91/3 with NFCU and I received a denial for a cli and for a 2nd cc. I have 100% payment on my credit report, my utilization is a little high 49%, and no collections. I reconned for the 2nd cc. I sent a secure message asking for them to reconsider. I am awaiting a response I was told it could take 24 hours. I have researched and not found anyone that got denied for BOTH. Its one or the other. I am really praying that they will reconsider. Do any one have any advice? Is this normal? 

Sorry for your denialSmiley Sad ..I am guessing the 49% Util. spooked them(Not knowing your CB scores) .

I would work on getting that down, and try back in 6 Months. ..If that is an option?

Message 6 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I have been denied for both multiple times in the first year. My first CLI request approval was a SP when it happened though, so that was a plus.

Message 7 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Something to note, I made a thread about one of my denials where they showed that they were using trended data from my other accounts in making their decision. I didn't post it, but in another letter, one reason for denial was I wasn't paying down balances on my other cards fast enough.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/NFCU-Denial-and-Interesting-Reasons/m-p/55...

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for the information. Now I don't feel like the only person in the world denied for both. It was quite disappointing. I have heard a few recon success stories so once I receive an update I will update the forum. Going forward I will work on paying down my credit cards and hope to reapply in another 3 months. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was recently accepted for the cashRewards card and the AMEX More Rewards card three months later. At the time of my approvals, my util was over 70% only because of some closed cards (that I'm paying off with a low-interest payment plan). Util on all my open cards was very low. I got 17K on the second card (the AMEX) even though my income is low. Except for the closed card payments, I didn't have many other obligations and so my DTI wasn't bad. I think that helped too.

I don't think high util is automatically a killer, though it certainly isn't good—it depends on the kind of high util. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.