cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU AR - what does the acronym AR mean?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU AR - what does the acronym AR mean?

I'm trying to find out what "AR" means in reference to NFCU (at least this is where I'm seeing this referenced)? It probably easy but I'm not getting it lol. Also, is there a guide or thread that explains what many of the acronyms used on this forum mean? I'm able to figure some out and others I Google but it would be great if something like this were available. Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU AR - what does the acronym AR mean?

Message 2 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

IMHO (and pure speculation), no AR "account review" takes place anymore.  There was a time when NFCU posted updated FICO scores every other month and people had moderate success getting SP (soft pull) CLI's at that time.  Now they post updated scores monthly.  No human at NFCU is reviewing your account each month.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:

IMHO (and pure speculation), no AR "account review" takes place anymore.  There was a time when NFCU posted updated FICO scores every other month and people had moderate success getting SP (soft pull) CLI's at that time.  Now they post updated scores monthly.  No human is reviewing your account each month.  

Pure speculation indeed.  The purpose of an account review is to examine your recent credit history using an alternate credit bureau to gain insights into your credit, and forewarning of any negative events that may not yet appear on the primary credit bureau (TransUnion).  In Navy's case, they pull your Equifax credit report on the last Tuesday of each even-numbered month and report the resulting score at the start of odd-numbered months.  This has nothing to do with CLIs; the lender wants to obtain a better understanding of your creditworthiness by looking at another source of credit reports.

Message 4 of 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Most card lenders will "soft pull" aka AR your credit on a regular basis, AmEx is famous for doing a LOT of AR's, NFCU does it every other month. It's really no big deal, many times (ok sometimes) you'll get a "free luv" CLI because a lender soft pulled your history. You will also see JDB companies AR'ing your account if you have any pending collections and you'll see other lenders "fishing" for qualified targets for their products using soft pulls (this is a product the CRA's sell lenders). 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the response Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.