Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Approval with collections?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Approval with collections?

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone had luck with NFCU credit cards with collections on their reports? I was thinking about applying. I've looked through several posts but not many people went into too much detail. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Approval with collections?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Has anyone had luck with NFCU credit cards with collections on their reports? I was thinking about applying. I've looked through several posts but not many people went into too much detail. Thanks in advance!

Current EQ score?

What are the collections?

How old?

Message 2 of 13
gibeon
Established Contributor

I have been approved for my nRewards secured with a live USAA collection on my account on 5/15/15

Paid off (settled for less than owed) USAA 6/1/15.

Approved for the CLOC at $3500 (now $15000) on 6/15/15 (not sure if the paid collection would have reported by then.

Approved for CashRewards around 8/15/15.

I had 3-4 other collections that were all paid / settled for less than amount owed around 3/5/15.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 3 of 13
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

I was approved for a cc with them back when I had several unpaid medical collections on my reports.

Message 4 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP, depending on your profile you may be okay. Without knowing where you stand though, it would be hard to guess.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I'm done with the cards for now. Nfcu was an option. But I don't even think my fiance can become a member there. With their finicky guidelines.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have four paid collections on my account and one chargeoff with a balance and I as approved.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current Eq is 660, probably higher. Collections..3 unpaid collections..In the process of validating. And one private loan chase charge off..all from around 2013. 

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Current EQ score?

What are the collections?

How old?

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only have experience with closed collections so it's hard to guess.  I suppose it doesnt hurt to try.  

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

i didn't have any collections but I did have several credit card chargeoffs, as well as a Repossesion (with a judgement to match) and I was approved tor Cash rewards with a 3000 limit and within six months got a cli to 14000

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.