Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC CLI asked for too early...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CC CLI asked for too early...

Girlfriend asked for an increase in her credit line on 1/2/22 for her NFCU credit card but was denied for asking too early.  Already received her 3/91 increase so this current request was the 181 days request from her last increase.  We obviously used the wrong date when we created the caledar reminder.  No big deal.  2/2/22 would be 6 months since her last increase (8/2/21).  The question is...can she try again on 2/2/22 or does she need to wait for anything?  I ask because she was told by NFCU to wait 91 days from her last inquiry (1/2/22) which would make it 4/2/22.  It wasnt necessary but recommended.  Any reason why they would advise this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU CC CLI asked for too early...

@Anonymous wrote:

Girlfriend asked for an increase in her credit line on 1/2/22 for her NFCU credit card but was denied for asking too early.  Already received her 3/91 increase so this current request was the 181 days request from her last increase.  We obviously used the wrong date when we created the caledar reminder.  No big deal.  2/2/22 would be 6 months since her last increase (8/2/21).  The question is...can she try again on 2/2/22 or does she need to wait for anything?  I ask because she was told by NFCU to wait 91 days from her last inquiry (1/2/22) which would make it 4/2/22.  It wasnt necessary but recommended.  Any reason why they would advise this?

Thanks!

Waiting 91 days since last inquiry is not true, if it means from last request. This isnt Amex where just by asking can reset the time you need to wait again to request. Its 6 months from last approved increase. Always best to give a little extra time after 180 to be safe. Some insist it 6 full statements but i just go off the 6 month timeframe . If you get a denial based off recent change to account, that just means you asked early. If you get denied for max limit, you need more time to let your internal score go up or for them to feel comfortable in lending more. 

Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

No, you don't have to wait additional time; you can try again on the correct date. Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Girlfriend asked for an increase in her credit line on 1/2/22 for herNFCUU credit card but was denied for asking too early.  Already received her 3/91 increase so this current request was the 181 days request from her last increase.  We obviously used the wrong date when we created thecaledarr reminder.  No big deal.  2/2/22 would be 6 months since her last increase (8/2/21).  The question is...can she try again on 2/2/22 or does she need to wait for anything?  I ask because she was told byNFCUU to wait 91 days from her last inquiry (1/2/22) which would make it 4/2/22.  Itwasntt necessary but recommended.  Any reason why they would advise this?

Thanks!

Last year I miscalculated on 2/9 and tried for a CLI  on NFCU Plat and was declined. After asking on here the same question (I would love to give them credit but it would take a while to find) they suggested that I could try again when the correct waiting time was established and I should be OK. Sure enough - the correct allotted time was on 2/18, 9-days later, tried again and I was approved Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.