Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI APPROVALS SIKE DENIED

tag
Boss2Boss
New Contributor

NFCU CLI APPROVALS SIKE DENIED

Alright experts I need your help. The title says it all and I have never had this happen before. I have 3 NFCU credit cards Cash Rewards (11.5k), More Rewards (27.5k) and Flagship (41k). I recently applied for a cli on all 3 cards on 6/21 for 8K on each card and was instantly approved for all 3. Great outcome or so at least I thought. I checked today 6/23 morning review of all my accounts and notice I have an inbox message on the app. I open and read it and am left in utter shock 😲.....straight to the point we have taken back all 3 8K cli and your credit limits will return to the previous limits. Has this happened to anyone else? I thought the maximum limit for each card was higher than this but maybe I'm mistaken. 

Message: Upon a subsequent review of all your credit cards we have determined that your combined credit limit exceed our maximum allowed limit of $80k. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU CLI APPROVALS SIKE DENIED

Their max limit is 80K combined for all cards .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 5
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Boss2Boss wrote:

Alright experts I need your help. The title says it all and I have never had this happen before. I have 3 NFCU credit cards Cash Rewards (11.5k), More Rewards (27.5k) and Flagship (41k). I recently applied for a cli on all 3 cards on 6/21 for 8K on each card and was instantly approved for all 3. Great outcome or so at least I thought. I checked today 6/23 morning review of all my accounts and notice I have an inbox message on the app. I open and read it and am left in utter shock 😲.....straight to the point we have taken back all 3 8K cli and your credit limits will return to the previous limits. Has this happened to anyone else? I thought the maximum limit for each card was higher than this but maybe I'm mistaken. 

Message: Upon a subsequent review of all your credit cards we have determined that your combined credit limit exceed our maximum allowed limit of $80k. 

I mean they answered your question in their message. You have hit their maximum limits total. Only way you'll get any changes on any of the card limits going forward is if you move some of the exsisting CL from one card to another IF they will allow it. Otherwise no more CL's.

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Their max limit is 80K combined for all cards .

Lol, short and 😋 

One can't escape the 80k limit imposed by Navy so unfortunately your cli adventures with Navy are at n end. There have been people who were approved  over the limit but were than clawed back. 

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yup, you hit the $80k max across all cards cap. I was going to say that right away after reading your post and adding up your CLs, but several members beat me to it. Unfortunately you're at the end of the line with the Navy gravy train.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.