Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI Denial Verbiage

tag
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

NFCU CLI Denial Verbiage

NFCU denied my CLI request last week, and I realized afterwards it hadn't quite been six months since my first CLI. The denial letter reason states:

"There has recently been a change to the credit line on this account."

Is that their language for its too soon for a credit line increase?

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI Denial Verbiage

@Gunnerboy  ..Yes!

Message 2 of 8
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 Thanks!

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 3 of 8
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

So I just spoke to a CSR to verify the last increase on my More Rewards.  She confirmed it was in December 2019, which was what I thought, and why I tried this past May.  Too soon...so I decided to wait until October/November before trying again.

Last week (five months later), I tried again and received a 24hr message, but no updates the next two days.  The denial letter showed up today with the same reason code as from May, "There has recently been a change to the credit line on this account."  What gives?

The CSR explained that after any CLI request, you need wait at least six months before requesting again.  Maybe I skipped over that in the big thread, but I didn't know that the clock is reset, even when you get the "too soon" denial..

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a huge bummer! I feel for you, but thanks greatly for the DP. The silver lining might be that when you do get a CLI 6 months from now it's possible the limit will be higher than the current $4k!

Message 5 of 8
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@Gunnerboy wrote:

So I just spoke to a CSR to verify the last increase on my More Rewards.  She confirmed it was in December 2019, which was what I thought, and why I tried this past May.  Too soon...so I decided to wait until October/November before trying again.

Last week (five months later), I tried again and received a 24hr message, but no updates the next two days.  The denial letter showed up today with the same reason code as from May, "There has recently been a change to the credit line on this account."  What gives?

The CSR explained that after any CLI request, you need wait at least six months before requesting again.  Maybe I skipped over that in the big thread, but I didn't know that the clock is reset, even when you get the "too soon" denialCLI

I applied for a CLI on 10/17 and received the same message as yourself. I had applied 4 days before my 6 months between CLI.  I reapplied on 10/25 (8 days later) and received my CLI the next day (10/26).

Have you moved limit amounts between cards or received an auto-CLI recently as either action will reset the 6 month clock?

Message 6 of 8
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@Gunnerboy wrote:

The CSR explained that after any CLI request, you need wait at least six months before requesting again.  Maybe I skipped over that in the big thread, but I didn't know that the clock is reset, even when you get the "too soon" denialCLI

Have you moved limit amounts between cards or received an auto-CLI recently as either action will reset the 6 month clock?

No, I just have one card, and no auto-CLI. I did PC from Go Rewards to More Rewards, but that was back in January.

Message 7 of 8
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Gunnerboy wrote:

The CSR explained that after any CLI request, you need wait at least six months before requesting again.  Maybe I skipped over that in the big thread, but I didn't know that the clock is reset, even when you get the "too soon" denial..

You don't have to wait six months after a denial. I received a max reached denial on my first card at 3 months. Applied for card #2, approved. One month later asked again for CLI on card #1, approved. 

Seems like there is some type of block on your card or you've reached the max limit they are willing to give at this time. If you are only interested in just the one card, maybe call and ask to speak to an underwriter ? 

[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.