Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI (Hard pull)/Second Card/CLOC

tag
Washin17
Regular Contributor

NFCU CLI (Hard pull)/Second Card/CLOC

Hello!  I recently went from $4600 to $11600 on my cash rewards NFCU card Smiley Very Happy.  I did have a hard pull.  If i would have known about the whole AR thing I would have waited as I noticed the pulled my report a week after my hard pull on 2/17/18.  I was thinking of getting a new card to pad utilization and to build a better relationship with them because im tired of BOA.  The problem is that I opened the NFCU in september, AMX delta in september and Discover secured (BIG MISTAKE, closed it after only a monthSmiley Mad).  I dont know how much it will hurt my score to open another card my AAoA is sitting at 7 years.  I have like 3 cards I opened 9 years ago (Credit 1, first premier, best buy) that I will be closing soon so Im thinking in the long term openeing a new card might help when these cards fall off.  My utilization is now sitting at about 45-48% down from 90%.

Should I open another card and will it be another hard pull?  It hasnt been 30days yetand I heard that as long as its not past 30 days it should be the same pull but I'm not sure.  My Eq 5 according to DCUs membership pull is not 690 and my regular eq 8 is the same.

Any suggestions?  Would a CLOC help or will it be another hard pull.  I have 7 inquiries on EQ.

Starting Score: 530EQ, 531TU, 514EX (0/2016)
Current Score: 686EQ, 710TU, 686EX (03/2017)
Goal Score: 750+ (01/2018)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLI (Hard pull)/Second Card/CLOC

Yes, you can apply for another card with the same HP within 30 days.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did NFCU start reusing hard pulls? I’ve never known them to do that. They’ve always been known as a pull happy institution.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t remember Navy using one pull for multiple things. CLOC will most likely be a EQ hard pull, new card could be TU; both will be fresh pulls
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a new sig card and a cloc this past month ..same hard pull

Message 5 of 8
MansaMusa
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
When did NFCU start reusing hard pulls? I’ve never known them to do that. They’ve always been known as a pull happy institution.
Navy Federal is VERY hard pull happy. I've never got a two for one, rep always says it will be a new pull, even when applying for two lines at the same time.
Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes , this being an older thread, Navy will hp for any credit product you solicite.
Message 7 of 8
MansaMusa
New Contributor

While I see some have received soft pulls for CLIs, all 4 of mine have been a hard pull. Asked for one Friday, HP.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.