Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLI Pre-AmEx App?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLI Pre-AmEx App?

Hi all, 

I've been lurking a lot and learning even more, I figured it's time for me to start engaging. I have a question; I am aiming to get in with AmEx, preferrably to get the EDP, Gold, and Hilton Aspire (Wife and I have a trip to Jamaica coming up and the combination of these cards could save use thousands). I have two cards, one is the Amazon Chase card at $500, and NFCU cRewards at $4500. Is it worth the potential hard pull to CLI the NFCU card to have a higher limit that AmEx can see? I've heard people talk about the 'pry bar effect' with AmEx where they are more inclined to give you a higher SL if they're not the first lender on your history to do so. Next month I plan to submit a few apps (AmEx ED, Gold, maybe Citi DB & Discover It). I just want to find the right way to juggle this coming influx of hard pulls since I dont bank with any of these institutions at the moment.

1 REPLY 1
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU CLI Pre-AmEx App?

Well the good news is if Navy hp you most likely will be on TU, not Ex which Amex pulls. If you wait til begining of March, may have a shot at sp cli from their AR but might not. Navy night not show increase on your reports, if approved, in time when you apply for your next cards. Amex is one of those lenders that often can give bigger sl because you dont have that elswhere. Happens slot with thin files. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.