Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CREDIT CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CREDIT CARD

I've banked with nfcu for about 2 years and won't to get a credit card but worries I won't get approved for it has any one with low credit bad luck getting approved for a credit card through them ? If so which credit card was it

EX 540 TU 539 EXP 540
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CREDIT CARD

@Anonymous wrote:
I've banked with nfcu for about 2 years and won't to get a credit card but worries I won't get approved for it has any one with low credit bad luck getting approved for a credit card through them ? If so which credit card was it

EX 540 TU 539 EXP 540

Were going to need some more details about your credit. I just got in with NFCU couple days ago and haven't applied for anything yet. If I had to guess it's probably going to be a secured card but I just seen somebody get their platinum with 580 score with $6000 SL so you never know. Wish I could be more help I'm sure many others have better advice/suggestions.

Message 2 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

When I was approved for my NFCUsignature rewards card, my FICO was 541. I wasn't approved instantly, but I did get approved and was notified by text message about 12 hours later. I have had the credit card for about 3 1/2 years....still can't get a credit increase, but I was approved

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 collections one for sprint $691 and 1 for JCP$325 I'm a authorized on my dads Wells Fargo account his had good history with them since 2015 and I have a secured Citibank that I pay on time that's all I have on my credit
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't mind me asking what limit was the card
Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Like stated, even though your scores are low you might be able to secure a secured card which i would take if offered to build history with them or you may get super lucky and score an unsecured card. Remember 1 hp for membership 1 for cc. Best of luckSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
sweetcinn
Valued Member

I applied for one, got turned down but got offered a secured card.  I opened it for $600.  After about 4 to 5 months or so, I applied for the goRewards and got approved for a 7,300 limit.  My scores were in the low 500 range across all 3.  I have had the goRewards for about 3 months now and I still have the secured because it is not a year old yet.  My scores are in the mid to upper 500 range now and I am still rebuilding.  Clearly they are not only driven by your credit score.  They have other factors they consider for sure.

Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Being in the 500's and sporting a Navy card, is a great way to build proper. By the time one reaches the 600's you may have limits that people in 600s could only wish they had. Navy is like skiping 3 whole steps in a rebuild. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning All, I am very new to understanding the In's and out's of credit building. I foolishly ruined my credit after my divorce and I am currently just completed my goal of being debt free. I am pretty anxious but worried at the same time about applying for the NFCU green cash rewards card. My scores should be listed below and might be going up a couple points since I just paid off all my debt. What are the chances of me getting approved? Is the go rewards card easier to get? I was told by the NFCU rep that all the cards have the same approval score, it just depends on what features I desire.

All the help is appreciated! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.