Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Declined

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - Declined

I currently have 3 cards: Citi Secured $300, Capitol One Quicksilver $1500, Store Card $100

Utilization is always under 10%, I pay everything in full monthly

Average Age is - 4yr 8 Months, oldest account 12 years

Lates are both CC related

EQ/EX are both at 650-660 range

Inquires are less than 5 in the last year and less than 10 in the last 2 years

I have student loans, both in good standing. A paid off car, in good standing. No Collections accounts.

Just these 2 sixty day lates....

Thanks for reply and help guys!

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really think if you aren't successful with a recon, investing in a secured credit card with them will pay off huge dividends in 6 months.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those 60 day lates offset the many positives you have.  I would suggest asking them to give you a secured card.  That way you build a positive relationship right away and as those 60 day lates age a bit you should be able to graduate and also get a second card.  Unfortunately those 60 day lates will haunt you for quite a while.  I had some 90 days on student loans in 2014 and they continue to create some havoc on an otherwise spotless credit profile.

Be patient, build a relationship and you should be fine in time

Message 13 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have 3 cards: Citi Secured $300, Capitol One Quicksilver $1500, Store Card $100

Utilization is always under 10%, I pay everything in full monthly

Average Age is - 4yr 8 Months, oldest account 12 years

Lates are both CC related

EQ/EX are both at 650-660 range

Inquires are less than 5 in the last year and less than 10 in the last 2 years

I have student loans, both in good standing. A paid off car, in good standing. No Collections accounts.

Just these 2 sixty day lates....

Thanks for reply and help guys!

Thanks. I agree with others. Apply for a NFCU secured and IMHO, if you can swing $1K, put that on it since 2 of 3 of your CCs are toy limits. Then in 6 mos to a year, you will have shown NFCU how well you handle paying your CCs. 

Because you have the income, I actually think NFCU will give you a regular CC after only 6 months.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok sounds good!

Is there anyway I can swing a consideration for another card, such as a secured, without getting another hard inquiry?

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, just send them a secured message and ask them to consider you for secured card but ask them not to do another HP.  They will honor your request.  Or you can call them.  Navy has great service so they will help you out

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding an update...

The held strong after a recon but said I'd qualify for a GoRewards card and so they approved an intro $1000 limit there!!!!

I'll take it!

Thanks for the help all
Message 18 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Adding an update...

The held strong after a recon but said I'd qualify for a GoRewards card and so they approved an intro $1000 limit there!!!!

I'll take it!

Thanks for the help all

Congratulations!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 19 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As OP has now been approved this thread is closed to further comments. OP you are free to create an approval thread if you wish.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.