Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Denied CLOC...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

NFCU Denied CLOC...

Hello,

So wanted to get some advice. I applied for CLOC 15k and I got the denial letter today and it stated they pulled EQ on 6/3/20 and my score was 610.

I pulled my EQ from myfico also on 6/3/20 and there was no score anywhere in the entire report that was 610.

My EQ scores from my myfico report on 6/3/20 were:

Fico 8 656

Fico 9 688

To make the whole situation more confusing, when I log into my NFCU and check my fico score ..it states 6/3/20, Equifax 669, again no where near 610 as stated in the denial letter.

Should I recon and send them my credit report from 6/3/20 showing the scores are 50-70 points higher on 6/3/20 ?

I think their computer system had a large glitch on 6/3/20, at least pertaining to my application.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Denied CLOC...

Maybe they pulled your mortgage score? Or some other variant

Message 2 of 15
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I thought about that, too, but there is no 610, anywhere in the report in any score version.

Message 3 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I wouldn't bother. Even if they approve you, it'll start at $500 and you'll have to request increases. If you're ok with that, you can send a secured message asking for clarification. When I last spoke to them about recon, they said they would use the same pull rather than pull a new one, or a new bureau. The only reason the system would pull another is if the system was unable to transfer the already pulled report. In my case, I applied for a different card about a week after being denied for flagship and they did use the same pull.

Message 4 of 15
EverForward
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that. From recent posts, it seems you may be lucky to get $500 CLOC these days.

Message 5 of 15
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Over getting approved for the creditline amount of 15k I am really concerned that I could not find the score they reported on the letter anywhere in my report for that date, how is that possible ?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Andy77 wrote:

Over getting approved for the creditline amount of 15k I am really concerned that I could not find the score they reported on the letter anywhere in my report for that date, how is that possible ?

What was your EQ 5 score?

Message 7 of 15
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Fico 5: 617

Fico 5 Bankcard 627

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU uses older models that aren't on the subscription like TU98. Wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those like EQ's TELCO 98, especially since it's lower than your EQ5. 

I wouldn't really worry about it since they tend to use EQ5 at times and a 617 wouldn't be good enough either. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add to this, you were most likely denied because of your 15k request. I requested 1500 and got a message to call them to discuss information. The officer told me that they will deny me 1.5k because they changed their terms last year and will accept 500 to start with. This gave me the indication that my application wasn't fully submitted and was manually reviewed. Also, I called in to apply rather than doing so on the website. Basically, the rep knew I would be denied so they recommended and asked for my permission to change the amount to 500. Ultimately I was approved and they pulled my EQ 9 score (629)

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.