Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Early Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Early Approval Odds

Well I realized that I can ask for my CLI but I had a $600 balance. Paid that right now and going to let it post and then I'm going to pull that lever and hope for BIG MONEY!

Also hoping they can approve me for a 2nd card as well.
Message 11 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I cant wait to see tomorrow to see if the cli splurge beginsSmiley Wink
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I can't wait either... wish I had thought ahead and paid it sooner so I could do it right now 😔
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!

Payment had processed so it was showing my credit limit available to $1700 again. I decided I would now ask for the CLI and got the dreaded under review but should hear back in 24 hours.

I figured I would app for the 2nd card now as well. I got an immediate you don't meet lending criteria on that one so it has me wondering if maybe they might have me as still too new.

I messaged them because I was unable to call but they just told me to wait for the letter in 7 to 10 days. Last time this occurred they just straight up told me I was too new and I would have to show at least 3 months of good payment history.

I got a feeling I might have to app for the 2nd card later but maybe with the manual review on the CLI they will see my history and that's it's indeed 3 statements/90 days and hook me up!

I also noticed no hard pulls after doing either of these apps either by the way, which makes me think it auto-generated too new status on me.
Message 14 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah you probably hit too soon. For some reason i thought today was Sept 1 but we are still in Aug lol. No worries VB, give it a couple days and try again. Ive done it nyself but keep getting the 24hr message which i now know to be a letter coming . Im going to try and wait til Sept 11 to see if my 6 months date helps anySmiley Happy
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I did call them this morning and they told me it was denied to the account being too new. The lady on the phone was super nice but she told me that they usually want people to wait 6 months before asking for any increase of credit.

Which then I had asked if that was the case then why is it the letter they send out tells people to wait 3 months after opening a new account? She said I got her on that one but that she sees more success with people asking at 6 months vs. 3 months.

Guess she hasn't ran into this forum? 😂😂😂
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.