Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship app

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

NFCU Flagship app

I applied this morning and app went pending. Hopefully this ends with an approval! Thoughts everyone?

TU9 742
6 inquiries in the last 12 months
Lots of new accts
Just shy of 6 figure income

Again, really hoping for a positive outcome as I’d love to use NFCU for quite a bit in the future. I feel like building history would be a great start!

Need anything further just ask!

***Update 1***
App was denied. Additional DPs that were requested;
Util; 3% aggregate, no card over 28.9%
DTI 18%
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship app

Declined, not feeling the NFCU love everyone else does.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 2 of 42
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
I applied this morning and app went pending. Hopefully this ends with an approval! Thoughts everyone?

TU9 742
6 inquiries in the last 12 months
Lots of new accts
Just shy of 6 figure income

Again, really hoping for a positive outcome as I’d love to use NFCU for quite a bit in the future. I feel like building history would be a great start!

Need anything further just ask!

I wish you luck.

I was just denied with 745 fico8, 2 inquiries, 15% utl, and 6 figure income.

I scored a 333 on their internal scale of 100-450.

I could not handle the rejection, so I applied for Cash Rewards and got a $1k SL.

I had only been a member for a few days though.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 42
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I will be in the garden for the next year so I was hoping to get in. Frankly I’m not interested in any low limit cards as I have significant limits elsewhere. Very unhappy. Apparently they won’t tell you anything or allow a Recon attempt for a while.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 4 of 42
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I was under the impression you were already in the garden 😄

Needless to say, depending on your overall profile (especially with your recent CC successes), the denial seems to point for taking a breather. You can eventually try this again once the dust settles for a while.
Message 5 of 42
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Fin, yea I was kinda supposed to be but figured I’d try one more. Thought Navy was super tolerant and not very sensitive. I suck at gardening, makes me wanna try the other lender we talked about lol
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 6 of 42
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
I was under the impression you were already in the garden 😄

This so much lol

Message 7 of 42
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Guys, I hang out with Jago22 online, what do you really want from me??? 🤣😂 Gardening skills rubbed off I guess 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lately I have seen them give low limit first cards and high limit second cards at 91/3 regardless of score. There will of course be some outliers but this looks like the trend. 

My "Baby momma" was approved for an 11k US Bank Cash+ but when apping at NFCU only got 1k with better scores. Mine are about 30 points below hers and I got a $700 SL on mine. We are both hoping for better results at 91/3 in early July.

Message 9 of 42
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Aren't we all in the Garden 😐

I used to be able to do it, now I'm just a gardening tool 

🌹 🌹 🌹

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.