Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU More Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU More Rewards

@rbentley wrote:

Keep in mind that this is a co-branded AmEx card and it generates points not percentages.  3X points does not necessairly corellate to 3% cash back.  The vaule of AmEx points depends on how you redeem them and can be as low at .5 cents per point.  If you want to use them for travel then this is an excellent card.  If you are looking to redeem for cash or statement credit, you will likely not get the same value.

These points are NFCU points. Each point is 1 cent so 3X points is 3% cash back. I wish it was Amex Membership Reward points, it would be best MR points card especially with no Annaul Fee! Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 21
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

Totally worth it. In 4 months I've racked up over 600 dollars in points. Navy Federal is very easy to deal with when you want to redeam. Moreover, I really like I can get 4x points back when I buy at Dell-Outlet and other retailers through Member Deals. If you're like me and willing to go the extra mile to earn points I think it's def worth it. 

More RewardsMore Rewards

Titancylinder

Coming Soon
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:

Keep in mind that this is a co-branded AmEx card and it generates points not percentages.  3X points does not necessairly corellate to 3% cash back.  The vaule of AmEx points depends on how you redeem them and can be as low at .5 cents per point.  If you want to use them for travel then this is an excellent card.  If you are looking to redeem for cash or statement credit, you will likely not get the same value.

This is not an AMEX card, it's an NFCU card that runs on the AMEX network. Points are worth 1cpp across the board. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not a bad card if you can get over the $50 redemption threshold. It's not just $50 minimum, it's $50 increments. 

I had it last year and PC'd it back to a cashRewards when I got my $25 gift card (gift cards work around the $50 cash redemption) and now I have a BCP and SavorOne so it wouldn't really benefit me much but I can see the value for people who want to run with a single card and if I ever decide to massively simplify things, it would be one of the first on my list for a daily driver card. 

It's also got extended warranty and other benefits like return protection and best value guarantee. 

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/navyfederal/morerewards/cardbenefits.html

Message 14 of 21
Keyluv44
Valued Member

I went to apply as well but got the letter which stated my account (NFCU cash rewards 15k) was too new (in all caps lol) I think they were yelling at me!  lol  But I think there is still hope for me in a few months to try again.  

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: EQ674 TU683 EX663
Goal Score: 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 21
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

@rbentley wrote:

This isn't absolutely true. When I called into NFCU for an account question, the CSR noted at the time I had around 22000 reward points at the time and offered to convert 20000 of them to a 200 dollar statement credit. I declined but it's definitely an offering. Of course, YMMV but this is my experience thus far.

Now I do know, with capital one, my venture card if I attempt to convert my points to a statement credit it's not a valued conversion.

Coming Soon
Message 16 of 21
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi OP

I love NFCU but just wanted to give you a heads-up that the redemption is $50. But if the card is used as your daily driver, you won't have a difficult time redeeming cash back.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 17 of 21
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Good luck op. I hope you get it. Navy ROCKS
Message 18 of 21
Calijen37
Established Member

I just got this card, but of the NFCU cards this is the best choice! You're making the best choice. 

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kerplunk wrote:
This card seems too good to be true. Any gotchas before I apply?

3x on restaurants, gas/transit, supermarkets
No annual fee
Low APR

I certainly love mine. I use it quite a bit. If you see yourself spending a decent amount on the 3x categories then definitely go for it. The $50 minimum redemption is the one caveat as others have mentioned.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.