cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Olive Branch - nRewards Should I app?

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU Olive Branch - nRewards Should I app?

Message 11 of 15
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@zerofire You responded too late lol. I applied and was approved for the NFCU Platinum SL 20k a few days ago. I am going to transfer the PSECU (13k) over at 0% for 12 months then transfer NavCheck (13k) over there. I'm also asking PSECU for a CLI after statement cut to help more with UTIL which sits right now a little over 30% instead of 49% at the time of the original post.

Headed to the garden to continue my pay down plan: PSECU (in full) and continue payments on Pepco and NFCU Platinum....wait for SP CLI, and re-apply for mortgages in Spring or Summer 2021 when my savings are replenished.

I promise to keep you all posted! #ficoforumsrocks

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 15
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Well you cannot be everywhere. It seams that NFCU has decided to return your old account to you and offer you options you did not have before. Regardless the Platinum is still better than the nRewards Secured when it comes to fitting into your collection. The only issue I see now is paying off that massive clump of debt and setting the mortgage to 2022 so the HP's clear out.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 13 of 15
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@zerofire You think I need to wait until 2022 to apply for mortgages?  I didn't think my INQs would be an issue....I was focused solely on my high *bleep* UTIL.  Non-Mortgage INQ: 6 (EQ-3 (Jan and Aug 2020) EX-2  (Oct 2019) TU-1(Aug 2020)) I opened 2 New Revolving accounts Aug 2020 last new revolver was opened 2016 (PSECU Visa). 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread is now locked. 

The OP's approval thread can be found here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/NFCU-Platinum/m-p/6119622 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.