Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cashRewards Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU cashRewards Denied

Yup but NFCU has been good to me so far. If your really worried about the HP you can go the Open Sky route. 

Message 11 of 17
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

That pretty much sums it up and puts it in perspective.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does one apply for an SSL with NFCU if I am reading this correctly?  My wife has an NFCU Secured card and we are moving our banking to them but I am wondering if getting this will help us even more with building the relationship?  We can't touch any of their unsecured credit cards until our discharge is 1 year old which will be in April.

Message 13 of 17
brandon1767
Established Member

You have to call them to set it up. Just need the amount you want to secure in your savings and they will put a hold on it. Then you will get a check in the mail for the amount. As you pay it off, they release the amount secured about two days after the payment. There is a guide somewhere on the forum about using Credit Builder/Secured loan.

Banking with: Ally Bank (Savings), NFCU (Credit), and US Bank (Biz and Personal Checking)
Started August 2018 (No Credit History)
FICO 8 (11/01/2021): EX 791, TU 800 | FICO 9 (11/01/2021): EQ 821
Message 14 of 17
brandon1767
Established Member

I was told be one of their reps that the SSL "may" help, but she wasn't sure. I think it helps to bank with them. Wish I could bank with them, but they have no branches in my area so it's not worth switching from my current CU. I already have online saving and checking from Ally, plus checking at local CU (for cash).

Banking with: Ally Bank (Savings), NFCU (Credit), and US Bank (Biz and Personal Checking)
Started August 2018 (No Credit History)
FICO 8 (11/01/2021): EX 791, TU 800 | FICO 9 (11/01/2021): EQ 821
Message 15 of 17
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How does one apply for an SSL with NFCU if I am reading this correctly?  My wife has an NFCU Secured card and we are moving our banking to them but I am wondering if getting this will help us even more with building the relationship?  We can't touch any of their unsecured credit cards until our discharge is 1 year old which will be in April.

It can't hurt and it only ties up a small amount of cash.  If you don't have an installment loan you will get a FICO point boost and that certainly helps.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 16 of 17
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@brandon1767 wrote:
You have to call them to set it up. Just need the amount you want to secure in your savings and they will put a hold on it. Then you will get a check in the mail for the amount. As you pay it off, they release the amount secured about two days after the payment. There is a guide somewhere on the forum about using Credit Builder/Secured loan.

You can elect to have the proceeds deposited into your savings account...  just ask.  Also, please don't ask about the paying off early and the extended due date.  We don't want to jeopardize this for future people.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.