Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU denied my app for a secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU denied my app for a secured card

Correct, NFCU is 12 months after BK. With 3 cards already you are in great shape and I wouldn't be bummed out about it at all! Time is your friend Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

12 months post DC is what I was told as well. I’m curious how my wife’s Secured card will graduate? It’s been 6 months on that.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the 12 month bost BK Discharge rule the same for a CLOC?

Message 13 of 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

The other thing OP,  and I have seen this with fresh out of BK credit and even new credit.... you have three relatively new cards... sometimes other banks and financial institutions like to see what happens with what you got... you might be able to get a secured NFCU card in 6 months..  Know sometimes Disco and Amex sometimes will wait for you to have the other card for a bit if its your only card and you have a thin file before approving.. Camp out in the Garden for a few months and youll eventually get an NFCU card...

=)

-J

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@csl1 wrote:
I ... had hoped that nfcu's secured card would be number four. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be ...

I'm sorry to hear this. Good luck with them down the road. They are worth the wait.

Your experience contradicts what I was told in-branch less than two weeks ago. I took a rebuiilding friend by to open a checking account and start a relationship. The banker suggested a secured card, said it was guaranteed approval & they would not even need to run a credit report. Which, presumably, they did not. 

As always, YMMV. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.