Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU failure..im stunned

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU failure..im stunned

So maybe not stunned because although my credit scores are in the mid 650s I have quite a few inquiries and I think thats probably the denial reason but I guess I went into it thinking I would get approved which one should never do when apping. So question..If I have been denied for a cc wouldnt I automatically get denied on the CLOC? Why hasnt that decision come back yet? Its been over 24 hours now. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU failure..im stunned

@Anonymous wrote:

So maybe not stunned because although my credit scores are in the mid 650s I have quite a few inquiries and I think thats probably the denial reason but I guess I went into it thinking I would get approved which one should never do when apping. So question..If I have been denied for a cc wouldnt I automatically get denied on the CLOC? Why hasnt that decision come back yet? Its been over 24 hours now. 

Not necessarily, I know some people who were denied credit cards, but they got CLOC. It is just going to depend on your CR and your file.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The underwriting between those is different.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the NFCU Cash rewards CC but the CLOC app is taking a week. With PENFED I was denied a CC and approved for the CLOC. SO you never know.

Message 4 of 18
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Sorry you were denied but at least you have the right attitude about going in expecting an approval. Your cause is not lost and approval for CLOC is still possible and so is a credit card approval, don't forget to give recon a chance.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you just join or have you been a member for awhile?
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just joined a couple of days ago.

Message 7 of 18
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

How many inquiries do you have? I have about 10 each & NFCU has never denied me for inquiries when other CCC's have.

Message 8 of 18
Bone35
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry about the denial...There is hope!

Here 's my story..

DW applied for CC and CLOC back to back. Cloc was instantly approved for 15k but denied CC. Recon'd CC....No dice.

I applied for CC and CLOC back to back. CLOC instant 15k and also denied CC. Recon'd CC and approved the next day.

Both of our scores are low 700's across the board and reports are almost identical so not sure why my recon was successful and hers was not. 

Only thing different was that her recon letter was very detailed and mine was short and sweet....go figure!

I'd ask for reconsideration and if it doesnt turn out, hang in there! NFCU is AWESOME and down the road with some history with them your future applications should yield much better resultsSmiley Happy

Hope this helps

Message 9 of 18
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

You can send them a secured message asking them to reconsider the application. I was able to this on my cash rewards to get a credit line increase and it worked. I just explained my situation and they bumped me from 3k to 5k. A month later they bumped me to 10k after my AR. Then I took the harpull to get it to 15k. I just got the card in january. I also have the cloc for 15k. Got the full amount on the first try on that one however they denied me to refinance my car weird. Good luck to you on yours. They really are a great credit union. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.