tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU is no longer Hard Pull Happy?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm guessing AJC will be the first one to test water in 6 months, since he was the first to reqest and discovered the "glitch"?

It was actually @thornback who discovered the SP this month and there was another member who called and was told that CLIs will be SP first from now on. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/m-p/5832084/highlight/true#M249012

To be honest, it doesn't make sense that they need an HP anyway since they SP EQ every month for ARs. Hopefully it sticks around. 

Pretty sure I beat everyone to the punch, but it was considered a fluke.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/No-HP-NFCU-CLI/m-p/5744799

That was months back. It's well known that NFCU sometimes will let you get a SP CLI right after the AR but what's unprecedented is how long the CLI window has been and NOBODY getting a HP this month, even ones that were declined. 

It was before the AR...🤔

Message 41 of 157
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

More DP's

I decided to go for it as well.  Locked all but TU  (they would not let me due to an active dispute?)

Tried on my 1 year old Flagship still with the initial $8k limit.  Decided to ask for $10k.  Went to the "in review" page.  Woke up to, get ready for it, a $200 CLI  Smiley Happy

First CLI of any kind with NFCU.  I will call it a victory as opposed to the 3 prior failed attempts that resulted in a HP each time.  I run 2-3K per month and pay in full but even though my NFCU internal score sits nicely over 300, they can't seem to get fully on board with me yet.  They will though as my reports become clean and I should then be able to get another card and get close to NFCU Max exposure on all.  For now, I'll take it.

EQ FICO 09 = 629

(7) CO's, (2) CA's almost 6 years old

1% UTI

15% DTI

Soft Pull (or no pull)

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 42 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm guessing AJC will be the first one to test water in 6 months, since he was the first to reqest and discovered the "glitch"?

It was actually @thornback who discovered the SP this month and there was another member who called and was told that CLIs will be SP first from now on. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional-Cards/m-p/5832084/highlight/true#M249012

To be honest, it doesn't make sense that they need an HP anyway since they SP EQ every month for ARs. Hopefully it sticks around. 

Pretty sure I beat everyone to the punch, but it was considered a fluke.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/No-HP-NFCU-CLI/m-p/5744799

That was months back. It's well known that NFCU sometimes will let you get a SP CLI right after the AR but what's unprecedented is how long the CLI window has been and NOBODY getting a HP this month, even ones that were declined. 

It was before the AR...🤔

That was around 10 days after the scores would have been updated which is still in the normal timing for a SP CLI. We are still seeing people get them as of now which is a first. 

The day that NFCU actually does the AR doesn't seem to start the clock on the SP CLI train but rather the clock starts when scores are updated. 

Message 43 of 157
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Just asked for a CLI for the Wife

Asked for 10k on a $2k GoRewards card that started as a $1k secured in 2016.   It went right to a "your request is being reviewed" screen.  10 minutes later it shows a total CL of $6k.  Looks like they approved a $4k increase with a SP or no pull.

DPs:  Latest EQ 09 - 660

(2) CO's, (2) CA's (Nearly 6 Years Old)

DTI: 15%

UTI:  3%

Has two other NFCU cards that started at $15k, latest 3.5 minths old

She had all bureus locked.

Another one...  Wife's reports locked.

Asked for $20k on her $15k MoreRewards AMEX, 15 minutes later....  granted full $5k increase.  NO HP obviously.  DP's above.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 44 of 157
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

Took a stab at it last night, asked for a $8.9K CLI on my Flagship Rewards card, got the standard `it's under review` message and went to bed.

When I checked this morning I had an $8K bump.   No HP.   

Just tried it for science earlier today.  Similar results on Flagship Rewards.  $8K CLI - - which has now bumped it very shy of the max exposure for all 3 cards. Under review message displayed and within a couple hours the full CL confirmed.  Navy FICO 9 (as of 12/5) 807.

No frozen CR shenanigans here though. All my CRs are open. Thus far, no HP. 

Message 45 of 157
amck12
New Contributor

Alright, hold my beer, I'm submitting for a CLI on my platinum.....

EDIT: holy cow it worked! Logged back in just now and got a CLI of $8k Smiley Very Happy

Chase Freedom - $6.7K SL - Opened 10/2008
Paypal Smart Connect - $1.9K SL - Opened 06/2009
USAA Rewards - $12.6K SL - Opened 02/2011
Syn Care Credit - $18K SL - Opened 05/2017
Chase Amazon - $2.3K SL - Opened 07/2012
Chase Slate - $4.2K SL - Opened 06/2019
NFCU Platinum - $18K SL - Opened 06/2019
NFCU Flagship - $25K SL - Opened 09/2019

Fico 8 (USAA/Discover): 706 (09/2019), 716 (05/2020)
Fico 9 (NFCU): 738 (10/2019), 782 (05/2020)

Fico 8 3 bureau (Creditchecktotal): EX-709 EQ-723 TU-723 (10/2019)

Message 46 of 157
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Asked for 10k on a $2k GoRewards card that started as a $1k secured in 2016.   It went right to a "your request is being reviewed" screen.  10 minutes later it shows a total CL of $6k.  Looks like they approved a $4k increase with a SP or no pull.

(2) CO's, (2) Ca's

Asked for $20k on her $15k MoreRewards AMEX, 15 minutes later....  granted full $5k increase.  NO HP obviously.  DP's above.

3rd Card...  a 3.5 month old $15k Flagship.  For sport and to play fair, unfroze all reports.

Asked for $20k, approved 15 minutes later.  Again, DP's above.  A total of $14k in increases in less than a day on her three cards, all with No Hard Pull.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 47 of 157
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

(2) CO's, (2) Ca's

3rd Card...  a 3.5 month old $15k Flagship.  For sport and to play fair, unfroze all reports.

Asked for $20k, approved 15 minutes later.  Again, DP's above.  A total of $14k in increases in less than a day on her three cards, all with No Hard Pull.

Wow, congrats on the results for DW!  So, in other words, almost like a double-dip but CLI success on all the 3 cards in less than a day? 😁👍

They certainly are very generous! 

Message 48 of 157
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

(2) CO's, (2) CA's (nearing 6yo)

Wow, congrats on the results for DW!  So, in other words, almost like a double-dip but CLI success on all the 3 cards in less than a day? 😁👍

They certainly are very generous! 

Triple dip.  I thought that was not possible???  They do love her and her 660 EQ 09! Smiley Happy

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 49 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does NFCU still require 180/181 days between CLIs?

Message 50 of 157
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.